7

Megan
Houston Texas

"He's been calling her phone all day, he left voicemails asking her to not tell her father about what happened. Pussy ass nigga a joke." Duke says next to me

"Did you check his background, what'd you find?"

"That he got a boring ass life, this nigga pathetic, he graduated pastor school three months ago but before that he lived in Atlanta."

"Why he move out here?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out, four months after he got here, he pulled up at her father's church. He a nobody, let me send some guys to beat his ass and get this over with."

"Not yet, I need more information on him, if she said he acted like a completely different person then he's hiding something."

"Meg it ain't that serious, he a peon, this his pathetic ass life."

"You know me better than just sending some gang to go in there and attack him. He fucked with my girl so he's mine when the time is right, his family will be planning his funeral." I motion for my driver to pull off from his house.

I pull out my phone to let my assistant know I'm on the way to my next meeting. I look over to see Duke smiling.

"Why you smiling?"

"She your girl now?"

"You know what I meant."

"I know you been bugging out since she told you what he did to her, it ain't no crime for you to care about shawty."

"I don't."

"You gotta be trying to convince yourself because those words not moving me. If you don't care, we need to figure this shit out quick, I'm actually fucking with Shara heavy, and if you break her friends heart she prolly gone try to leave me, I can't have that."

"That messy shit is not me Duke, you know it. If this shit takes a year then that's what it'll be."

"The reason you got involved with her was to get dirt on her father, now they not speaking so why you still entertaining her. You could tell any of these motherfuckers making ten bands a day to do your dirty work. This shit could have been over by now but you to pussy whipped to make a move."

I chuckle "You sound just as stupid as you look. Anytime you try to give me advice remind yourself of who you work for."

"You not denying it."

"Denying what? I DONT LIKE THE BITCH! She's an average fuck until I figure out who crossed me, if you can't understand that then that's on you."

He sucks his teeth "Yeah whatever."

My driver pulls up to the recording studio so I can sit in on a few of my artist sessions, rarely do I do pop in's but I need to make sure my investment is worth while.

First I go to my two new indie Japanese artist that I discovered while I was in Japan, Yuki Chiba and RM. My label is fairly new, only one year since our founded date, soon I'm planning a coming out party to introduce them to the world but they need music that's good enough to be heard first.

When their session is over I go down the hall where Victoria is in the booth recording her debut album. I watch her from behind the glass sing her heart out, when she sees me her focus goes away from her original inspiration and now she's singing to me.

The song ends, everyone in the studio including myself applaud her efforts. Everyone in the room got tight when I walked in, all of them are signed to me under some sort of writing, producing, or engineering deal. I go to the mini bar to pour myself a glass of tequila then I go inside the studio room where there is a bed.