11

Shara
Houston Texas
23 August

If it's not the phone calls, text messages, it's the loud banging. Duke has come to house everyday banging on my door begging for me to talk to him. Right on schedule he's knocking on my door now, after two weeks I finally open it with my arms folded.

"Damn baby you acting like I cheated, what you mad at me for?"

"You knew about it and didn't say anything."

He sucks his teeth "Man Shara come on, what that got to do with us?"

"Ain't nobody gone play with my friend's feelings like that, you should have told me."

"I'm still not hearing what that got to do with us, that's the business Mama."

"So that's it, you cool with it?"

"I ain't say that, I'm just saying that I don't be in Megan's business, and would you have told me is Ava had a side nigga?"

"Hell No."

"You need to give me that same leeway, I think it's fucked up that your girl had to see that, but that doesn't mean you gotta ignore me like I'm the enemy." He licks his lips

Something about this man just makes me pussy scream, as much as I don't want to admit it, he's making sense.

"I'm sorry."

"Say that again Ma, I ain't hear you." He holds his ear like he can't hear me

I roll my eyes knowing he's laughing at this "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blamed you."

"Now that is more like it." He pulls me closer by my waists and planting a soft nasty kiss on me.

Damn, I love this man

"This apology ain't enough, you got some more making up to do." I pull him to the bedroom, then down on the bed.

He pulls his gun out and sits it on dresser. I start undoing his pants then his phone rings, we ignore it the first time then he needed to answer it. I keep my hands in his pants so he can hurry whatever call he's having up, but when I hear her voice I give him a stank look.

When he ends the call he pulls his pants back up.

"Duke where you going?"

"I gotta handle some real quick, I'll be back."

He tucks his gun back on his waist.

"Why you move at her every call, you work for her?"

"Some like dat."

"Doing what? It's a lot of rumors going around about ya'll, I don't date drug dealers Duke."

"I don't sell drugs, I'm a business man, you know what I own."

"Mhm, what about her? She walks around like she's the big shit, she becomes a billionaire off of brand deals and liquor?" I press him for a real answer.
"The man who is like a father to me is anxious out of his mind because of her, she held a gun to his head? Tell me the truth Duke."

"We can talk about this later." He tries to leave but I grab his wrist

"If you don't say something right now, there won't be a later and you can kiss this relationship goodbye."

"Why you and your friend keep using that word, we never settled on us being in a relationship."

"If we not in a relationship then get the fuck out."