Chapter Six: Werewolf and A Vampire

"He overslept again," Evan sighed, glancing down the empty hallway. "I guess he and Kurumu are getting closer than even I could've imagined. And to think he wanted nothing to do with her in the beginning. My, how the tables turn with given time."

It had been a month since Miles had defended Kurumu, promising to help her get stronger. Their bond had grown deeper, much to the surprise of everyone at Yokai Academy. Kashara, after accepting Miles's rejection, had decided to respect his wishes and search for someone who would appreciate her for her own worth. Surprisingly, that someone turned out to be none other than Ginei Morioka, the resident werewolf. Despite his infamous perverted tendencies, Ginei had mellowed considerably once he and Kashara began dating. Their relationship had stirred quite a bit of gossip, though no one could deny the chemistry between them.

"It doesn't really matter to Miles," Ruby chimed in, adjusting her hat as they walked toward the classroom. "Besides, you and your cousins are only here for a year, right? Knowing him, Miles probably thinks most of the knowledge he's gaining here is a waste of time."

Evan pushed his glasses up, the lenses reflecting a glint of light. "Maybe so, but the knowledge could come in handy if we face an opposing threat—which, considering our luck, could be sooner than later."

"I just hope they don't tear up the dorm," Toby added with a smirk, "or leave any, uh, white stains on the beds."

Moka, walking just ahead of them, shot Toby a sharp glare. "And that's now stuck in my brain forever. Thanks, Toby. Just...thanks."

Toby raised his hands defensively. "Sorry."

Ruby raised an eyebrow, smirking. "What are you talking about, Moka? It's completely natural. Eventually, you and Tsukune are going to have the 'S-word' too. I just hope Tsukune's ready for it when it happens."

Tsukune, walking beside her, nearly choked on air. "W-What? Ruby!"

"Don't break his pelvis," Toby added casually. "That's the only thing keeping him mobile, y'know—"

"THAT'S IT!" Moka shouted, her face flushed with embarrassment and irritation. In a flash, she tackled Toby to the ground, sending the two of them tumbling in a heap. The others looked on in bemusement as the scene quickly devolved into a cartoonish, playful scuffle, Moka playfully hitting Toby while he blocked and teased her.

"They're like brother and sister," Tsukune observed, shaking his head with a smile.

Yukari snorted, rolling her eyes. "They're something, that's for sure."

"Hi Yukari!" Wilson's voice rang out cheerfully as he jogged up to her. He sat down beside her on the bench, his short frame making him seem younger than he was. "Listen, I was thinking about that potion project we have coming up for class. You wanna work on it together? I think we'd make a great team."

Yukari glanced at him, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Sure, Wilson, but don't think this is just a way to impress me."

Wilson grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "Who, me? Nah, I just wanna pass the class. Besides...maybe impress you a little."

Before Yukari could respond, a sudden hush fell over the courtyard as a trio of new arrivals walked through the gates, instantly drawing the attention of nearly every male student nearby. The new students were nothing short of striking, their presence sending a ripple of awe—and jealousy—through the crowd.

The first was Kiara Niyume, a graceful Kitsune with flowing silver hair that shimmered in the sunlight. Her fox ears twitched delicately as she walked, and her golden eyes seemed to sparkle with mischief. Dressed in a sleek school uniform that accentuated her curves, she moved with the grace of a dancer. Her long tail swished behind her, drawing even more attention.