Break Away pt 2

______________________3 Weeks later____________________

The nurse came in telling me I had a visitor today. Thankfully Kat was out at counseling so I had the room all to myself. I awaited the visitor to enter.

Not long after that thought, a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes entered.

Amanda.

She wore an annoyed expression and was wearing a flowing pink fancy shirt with a dark purple skirt, accompanied by high heels.

"What could you possibly want." I was wearing a giant band t-shirt and black skull leggings with a headband. It was mid April according to my calendar and the weather sure was getting warm.

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"You. You are a disgrace to the family name you know that right?" She looked right at me and leaned back against the door frame.

"Yep. So what?" I shrugged. I got a feeling of not caring since everyone here did my shit for me.

"Mom and Dad are ashamed. Everyone knows about what's going on with you. By that, I mean your teachers. This place is really far away ya know. I don't think they'll visit much if at all."

"Tell me something I don't know." I smiled.

"Why are you so fucking happy?" She raised an eyebrow "You tried to kill yourself and you've been cutting yourself. You were diagnosed with depression. You almost kill your little brother. He's out of the hospital by the way. Your friend Aristo misses you ya know. We haven't given her the full story. Someone is also coming by to start dropping your work for school off. Are you okay?"

"No. I'm high." I burst out into a fit of laughter. She stared at me eyes wide and in disgust.

"Cocaine baby!" I laughed and slapped my leg in laughter because it was true. Right after Kat left I helped myself to her cocaine stash.

Amanda shook her head and tried to regain herself "You're like a noxious fume! Get yourself together! You know I don't hate you, but it's not exactly the best thing to

"Noxious Fumes...nice vocabulary. What's there to life? Here people do whatever you tell them too. Care for your every need. Give you the happy medication. I haven't made any friends. That's fine. I like being alone ha." I chuckled the cocaine really kicking in.

"Maybe you should be here too. Since your a whore n all." I grinned and tied my brown hair back in a bun.

"How dare you!" She yelled and ran out of my room, shutting the door with a bang.

"Buh bye!" I chuckled and watched Kat walk in.

"Cocaine really has an affect on you doesn't it?" She grinned and shook her head in laughter.

"That girl looked like a bitch anyway." She walked inside and made her way to her end of the room.

____________________9 weeks later_________________

I started feeling a little better after a few days, but the feeling of neglect and abandonment were still there. I named the shadow on my wall Azazel and it seems to be fine with it. I talk to her when no one is around and when I don't know what to do. It's like it's giving me advice sometimes. Before the hospital I used to work a lot on animating and drawing. I didn't draw digital pictures I full timed animated and made little motion pictures. I hated when they locked the doors at night. I felt as if I was imprisoned here in this hell hole. They started opening the windows at night due to the warm weather. I couldn't escape through it though because I was on the 6th floor of the building. Everyone knew me and usually avoided me when it came to activities. Kat always stuck by me though because we were the two outsiders in a bunch of outsiders. A girl named Lolly used to hang out with us. She was going to shoot herself a while ago when she first came here. We became good friends and she even gave me her number before she was set free. She was deemed as better and recovered. Lolly a 14 year old with ash brown hair. She had green eyes and was usually generous, but violent if needed. I'll miss her. She only left a few days ago. Lolly was on her way to success while I was stuck here trying to find my place on the planet.

It's been weeks and Amanda hasn't returned. My parents haven't visited still and I lost hope that they ever would. As promised, someone came by with my school work and it kept me busy until I finished all of it for the marking period. I didn't have to worry about state testing and I was excused from volunteer work because of where I was. I stopped taking the drugs after I realized the effect would never last as long as I wanted. The nurses let us watch TV's sometimes. Kat had the news on and it was about some high schooler who almost killed three classmates and tried to shoot himself. Apparently the guy escaped into the woods and wasn't to be found. Sounds a little like my situation actually. Kat finally told me that she came here a few weeks before me. I don't know why she didn't tell me ahead of time- I guess she's just like that. I told Kat all about my school and she even liked helping me with my school work. Kat was 18 years old and had finished high school but she collapsed under drug use and was sent here. She told me all about her life and her parents- how they divorced- how she had a bunch of mammals like, rabbits and rats. She also had a few reptiles as well. We only had a fish tank. When Amanda and I were little we had an Iguana, but under financial issues, we had to give it away to our Aunt in Florida.

I forgot to mention that we lived in Maine, I was surrounded by wildlife.

But what can wildlife possibly do for me?