Neither

Rya seems hesitant. She doesn't want to leave me alone with Natalia. I don't blame her. I just mentioned all the negative things I want to do to Natalia. I won't. I want no violence, only the truth.

"No!" I angrily argue. "Whatever you have to say to me you can say in front of Rya! She's been here for me while you've been out sleeping with that fucking slut!"

The feeling of being sober hits me quickly from the adrenaline wanting to rip through me. My teeth tightly clench together. I am not only furious and sad, but I am also nervous about finding out the truth. And as I stare into her eyes, I think I already know the truth.

"She kissed me." She says as her eyes swell up with more tears. "And that's all I allowed!"

My head lightly bounces on the arm of the couch as I drop back and stare at the ceiling. The anger and hurt begin to build inside of me. I can hear the skips in her breath as she breathes in.

"Then I thought about you. She kissed me again and I thought of you. Every slide of her tongue in my mouth drove me wild...only because I imagined her being you."

"And so, you did what?" I yell, feeling the blood boiling inside of me like a tea kettle on high. I take a heavy deep breath in. I've never felt so much hate and disappointment in my life. "You left the bar after I told you not to! You knew damn well what you were going to do! You went there wanting to sleep with her! Don't fucking deny it, Natalia! You went there to fuck her!"

The expression on her face turns into fear. Tears are streaming down her eyes. Her eyebrows are raised and drawn together. Her eyes are as wide as they can go. Her chin is drawn back, and she knows this relationship may be over if she says one wrong word.

"I love you, Lacey. You are right. I went there drunk knowing what could happen. But it didn't. I didn't let it. And the old me would have done it without a care in the world. I would have come home and told you to leave or deal with it."

She takes another deep breath, raising her head to look up at the ceiling. "I understand if you want nothing to do with me. But just please understand how my life was before you. I changed everything about me, and I fucked up tonight, but I didn't do anything but kiss her and regret it instantly."

"I don't care what you learned," I yell, throwing my hands in the air as the rage burns inside of me. "This isn't about your old to new life. You swore to me nothing would happen hours before it happened. You were crying and begging me before you drank Jared's sex juice!"

The rage flows through me. I want to kiss her in anger, but I want to walk out of this house and never return. But I also remember I could have done the same thing with Rya and Natalia might have forgiven me like it was nothing.

"I don't know what to say! I feel like I should leave you and never return. But I also believe in my heart that Jared's alcohol has a big play in what caused this. I...Ugh! Damn it, Natalia!" I point toward the hallway. "Go to bed! I can't even look at you right now."

She cups her face, crying harder. She turns around and rushes down the hallway. Her cries only grow louder as she moves toward our bedroom.

Exhaling, I wipe the tears away from my eyes. I feel like I am hyperventilating. Throwing myself onto the couch I quickly press my face against the pillow. The pillow becomes my muffler as I scream into it.

Between my screaming and the swinging of my fist at the pillow, the anger is slowly leaving me. My throat is starting to hurt from the rage flowing out of it. I'm growing tired and I'm just simply done fighting and hurting.

A hand lightly grabs my shoulder. I look back with tears streaming down my cheeks. Rya stands there, her eyelids are lowered, and her lips are stretched. There's a pain in her face. She's hurting for me...for Natalia. Our love has shown all of our friends that we are meant for each other. But Natalia doing this just proves no love is permanent.

"I'm sorry." She speaks softly and quietly. "I heard the entire conversation. I know you don't want my input, but if I were you, I would just take a few days to think of everything and make sure what you decide is truly what you want."

Pushing off the couch, I quickly walk around it and tightly wrap my arms around her. The pain inside of me is like driving a stake through my heart. She knows it and she is trying her best to help, but there's only so much a person can do.

"I don't want to feel this pain. Rya!" I plead. "I have never felt this pain in my life and it's the worst possible thing! Why did I let myself fall for someone? I don't want to handle this! I have no idea what I am supposed to do. How can I be with her if she knew what she was going to do and still do it?"

"Remember, she was drunk...just like you and I were. And it was just a kiss. You've kissed me." She says while frowning and glancing toward the floor.

"But not like that!" I argue, wanting to defend Natalia but also wanting to be the judge jury, and executioner. "And not knowing I was going to do it!"

Her fingers rub lightly against my back while she stares into me almost as if she's searching for something inside of me. There's this thing about her and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm madly in love with Natalia and I would never do anything to hurt Natalia. But! Thanks to the combination of what Natalia did, the alcohol in my system, my anger, and how horny I was...Rya looks like a treat, and I want to tear her fucking clothes off right now and have angry sex.

"You and I were drunk, and it was a dumb bet with everyone around including Natalia." She says, bringing my attention back to her. "It was fun but wrong. She forgave you. If she is telling the truth and she only kissed her...consider giving her another chance. You two have something that sparks everyone around you. You are not just a couple..." She pauses, sliding her fingers gently up each side of my body, which causes me to shiver and want her even more.

"You two are a vision." She continues. "You're a vision that most people don't have, and they want it. And it pisses those people off. I think that is why what happened tonight was not preventable. Claudia made it obvious she wasn't taking no for an answer."

Shaking my head and swallowing that sick feeling inside of me, I take a deep breath. Turning away from her I step toward the front window, unsure of what to think or do.

My mind is fighting with itself as I look around my beautiful home at the vaulted ceilings and marble flooring. Natalia gave up so much for me in this relationship. Do I genuinely want to give it all up due to a kiss? What she did was wrong, but she stopped herself. She had the same visualization that I did when I met with Derek that one time.

"I don't know if I can forgive this," I say, wanting to bite my tongue. "It's not about the kiss. It's about the fact that she went there for more and knowing she was getting more. Imagine if it happened. This relationship would be over. This isn't okay at all, but I kind of get how something bad turned into something good."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"She's madly in love with me. But she's not used to this lifestyle. Cheating is or was somewhat of a normal thing for her in California, even Derek admitted that. She was careless. She took every part of her emotions and turned herself around for me. In her mind, she could have cheated and felt nothing about it. She'd still want to be with me or not, and that's that. But instead, she fought off any urges for her ex, only kissed her because she visualized me, and then felt sick to her stomach after doing it."

"Yep!" She agrees. "That's exactly what I am kind of saying. I am not excusing what Natalia did, but I am saying, she isn't like us...or wasn't like us and she's trying so hard because she loves you."

I sigh, staring out into the darker-than-normal night. "I need to sleep on this."