Ironic

"Sorry, I almost lost the phone. It's only eleven. I knew if I awoke you earlier, you would have bitten my ear off. And don't worry about fixing what you couldn't 'fix' this morning. I was able to get the car moving."

I let myself fall back onto the bed, taking a deep and relaxing breath. "So, I am not late to my own business. I also need a shower. I should have showered with you and forced myself to 'get that car rolling.' But I was so tired baby! I am sorry." I grab the phone. I slide off the bed and walk into the bathroom. "Have a safe trip. I am going to shower, brush, and get on with my day. I love you and please drive safe!"

"I will! I love you too! Please do not forget to order those outside plants I asked for. The list is on the fridge. I would have done it this morning, but for obvious reasons, I was on a tight schedule."

"Okay!" I say, already hating the list she has for me. "Love you, bitch! Bye!"

I need a fucking shower. Her list and the things I have to do are stupid. Jared took my shift without my knowledge, and she knew it, so she made sure to keep me busy.

I quickly slide off the clothes that I just put on like an idiot, making it my mission to be quick in the shower. I have a lot to accomplish today. Even though Jared thinks he's taking my shift and Natalia assumes I have time off, I still plan on going to work.

Freshly washed, I reach for the new shirt that Natalia just bought me. It's a beautiful black and fire-red combination. The colors flow into one another. It's long-sleeved and noticeably light. I'd almost think I need something to wear under it due to how light it is.

I quickly slide my favorite pair of ripped jeans on. I have this weird problem with fighting between ripped jeans and leggings. I don't know what it is, but I can't choose between the two. But today is ripped jeans with this sexy shirt that my beautiful woman bought me.

Stepping out of the bedroom and heading toward the living room, I feel good and happy about today. I stop and stare at the flowers sitting on the living room table. Why did she get me flowers? Where did she find the time? When did she put these here?

-Bear. - The card reads. -I love everything that you have turned me into. I hate how things were when I went home, and I almost considered ending everything. I write this on this two paged card because I don't know how to say it to you in person. I want you to understand that without you I truly am lost. You are the reason I breathe. You are the reason I work. You are the reason I find the positive in everything now. I have never felt this way about anyone in my life. This card and these flowers aren't enough to explain how much you mean to me. I don't know how to physically tell you this in person. I am not a sensitive person, and you know this. I want every part of you to belong to me for life. I love you forever and ever. This is just the beginning for us. -

Wiping the small bits of tears rolling down my cheeks, I find solace in this card. The feeling of sitting on my chest is unimaginable. She's right. We both cried and begged ourselves to fight this stupid situation Claudia put us through and for no reason.

She isn't a sensitive person but, she knows how to bring out the happiness inside of me. I love her more than I could ever imagine loving anyone. I hardly knew what love was until I felt it raging inside of me like wildfire when I met her and didn't even know it. She and I are learning and building together. We were two lost souls not understanding what love was until we met each other.

Taking a deep breath, my chest feels tight, but safely, in a happy way. I can't take the smile off my face until I look up at the clock. I quickly swipe my car keys and rush out the front door.

I'm going to be late for my own business! Again!

"Hey, beautiful!" Natalia says as I answer the phone call. She sounds so soothing every time I hear her. "Two calls in under an hour. I am assuming you read the card?"

"Babe! You have no idea how many joyful tears that brought to my face. I was pleased and surprised. That is what you need to do, but down on one knee with a ring, hint, hint."

My smile grows knowing she isn't going to let that happen yet. She's somewhat superstitious when it comes to that, and she's never explained why.

"Haha!" Her comforting voice turns sarcastic as I pull into the alley next to the bar. "Yes, my beautiful angel. I do want to marry you someday. As we know, it's not anytime soon. Or if it was, we have too much to complete before we can go off and officially sign some documents that state we own one another."

Quickly sliding out of my car, I disconnect the phone from Bluetooth. My mind wanders to the thought of marriage to her. I ever would have imagined marrying anyone anytime soon, yet here I am thinking about a ring on my finger with her.

"Yes. I know. But listen. I love you so much and I cannot wait to see you tomorrow. Even though we had just seen each other hours ago. I have to get into the bar and start setting it up. We have that stupid but awesome event tomorrow. The Claudius. Don't ask why that's the name, some previous owner years ago started it and it's freaking awesome."

"Sounds fun." She says with an unenthused tone. "Love you and see you tomorrow."