Chapter 7

The heart's scars are a testament to its strength, not its weakness - Unknown

The sun beat down on the basketball court as Mubarak, Salim, and AbdulMajeed battled it out in a friendly game.

The air was filled with the sound of squeaking sneakers and the thud of the ball bouncing on the pavement. Mubarak and AbdulMajeed were on fire, their shots swishing through the net with ease.

As the game came to a close, they high-fived each other, grinning from ear to ear. Mubarak had scored an impressive 25 points, while AbdulMajeed had racked up 22.  Salim, on the other hand, looked less than thrilled, his face scrunched up in a scowl. "You guys cheated!" he protested, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No way, we just played better!."Mubarak teased, chuckling. AbdulMajeed just shook his head, laughing. "You can't handle the truth, Salim."

"Now, let's go back to work and crush our projects." Mubarak said, gulping down a bottle of water.

As they lounged in AbdulMajeed's spacious home office, surrounded by sleek screens and comfortable seating, their conversation shifted to business. Mubarak discussed his latest tech breakthrough, while Salim shared his plans to expand his luxury hotel chain. AbdulMajeed listened intently, offering insights and advice.

"Guys, I need your advice. I'm dealing with a difficult client who's demanding unreasonable changes. How would you handle it?" Salim said, rubbing his chin as he thought about It. Mubarak thought for a while before replying. "Well, Salim, I'd try to understand their concerns and offer alternatives. Have you tried that?"

"Yes, I've done that, but they are so persistent and they're very close to me, I also don't want to let them down. He stated.

"And I'd suggest offering a compromise, like a trial period to test their requested changes." AbdulMajeed interjected, stating his Mind.

"I think I now know what to do. Thanks, guys. You're always so helpful." Salim thanked them as they continue talking, each one of them bring in his new plans and strategies.

Just then, the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of their food delivery from an upscale restaurant, where Haniyya worked. They had all opted to work from home that day, and AbdulMajeed's place was the perfect spot, thanks to his private basketball court and ample space.

As they dug into their meals, their conversation turned to their respective industries, sharing war stories and strategies. Mubarak mentioned a potential partnership with a cutting-edge startup, while Salim discussed a new marketing campaign to attract high-end clients. AbdulMajeed shared his vision for a sustainable energy project, and how it could revolutionize the industry.

As the sun began to set, they wrapped up their work and relaxed in AbdulMajeed's living room, swapping stories and jokes over glasses of fine scotch. It was a day that perfectly balanced business and pleasure. There are friends, but there are friends that because family, and Mubarak Is more than grateful for his friends, who are his second family.

The next day, Mubarak woke up feeling energetic. Maybe it was as a result of spending the previous day with his friends. it's been a while since he had as good sleep, but this time, he slept for almost half of the night, and he couldn't be more than grateful.

He walked into his walk in closer and had a warm bath. He wears a crisp, white, long-sleeved dress shirt made of fine cotton, with a conservative collar and French cuffs. His tailored black suit pants are made of luxurious wool, perfectly creased, and break slightly above his polished black leather shoes. The shoes are lace-up oxfords with a subtle brogue pattern, adding a touch of sophistication to his overall appearance.