Chapter 12

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a smirk and she wished she could just wipe this smirk off his face.

"What do you mean by what I'm doing here?" She asked him in return, raising an eyebrow. She knows that he caught her hiding from him and yet, he is still not letting her go. "Move out of my way, I want to go."

She walked away from him as fast as she could, but with his fast strides and long legs, he caught up to her in less than a second. "Wait, at least, let me drop you home." He said, catching up her pace. Walking fast was so easy for him.

"No, I know the way and I can walk on my own." She stopped and gave him one murdereous look before she walked past him.

"Okay then, I will walk with you then." He said and started walking alongside her. She acted like he doesn't exist, but she can't deny that she liked his presence as much as she hates it.

She stopped on her tracks and faced him again, "Are you serious?" She asked, giving him a serious look. He nonchalantly shrugged and looked at her straight in the yes.

"Yes, I am serious." She averted her gaze and just walked as fast as she can, ignoring him till she reached home and banged the door on his face.

She went straight to her room and flanged her bag on the bed. "What does he think he is? Why is he trying to do?" He said as her knuckles turned white and she grabbed her bedsheet so tight as if she will tear them apart. Her eyes filled up with water as she struggled to not let them fall over him. He annoys her and pesters her a lot. She doesn't know what his problem is.

Her phone beeped from her bag and she sluggishly removed it from her bag after she silently hissed. A message came from a new number and she tapped it open.

"You look cute when you're angry tho, and please don't sleep on an empty stomach."

All hell broke looses as her nose flair up in anger and her face turned red. He has lost it, how did he even get her number? She promised to talk to him the next time she sees him. she heaved a breath as she controlled her anger. She had a warm bath, prayed and went to the living room. She saw her siblings engrossed in their assignment and she felt at ease. She settled between them to help them and her anger was long forgotten.

********

The scent of wet rain filled the air as it rained the night and the leaves were all dappled and wet and the sun was covered by the clouds, as if ready to rain for the second time.

She left Janaan and Ammar at the Bustop and waved them goodbye as they hopped on the bus with happy smiles on their faces. She walked away to her workplace as yesterdays event kept resurfacing on her mind. She prayed and hoped she'd meet this guy and give him a piece of her mind.

Unfortunately, she didn't see him thought out and when she left from work in the evening, she didn't caught a sight of him and his car and she mentally prayed that he would just vanish from her life. The ease she felt knew no bound as she walked home tired and in a happy mood.

But all hell broke loose when she saw his car parked outside their house. She muttered a 'no'as she hurried inside. She met Umma Dije smiling as she in. "Welcome dear, we have a guest, he's so nice and the kids are so happy around him." She informed.

She gave her a small smile and greeted her as she made her way inside. She met them sitting on the floor as they scattered the living room with pieces of puzzle she once brought for them and they weren't able to put them all together. Half of It was brought together and on seeing her,  Ammar smiled at her. .

"Hanani, my new friend came over, you remember him right?"  Ammar asked with a happy smile and she just smiled as she caressed her cheeks, "yes darling, I remember him."