Chapter 6

The fragments of a broken heart are the pieces that make us whole again." - Unknown

Mubarak doesn't know why, but since he saw that Haniyyah thrice; one, when he had an accident, second, when he came to the place she worked at, and third, in the restaurant, he felt like he really wanted to know her more. The innocence in her eyes seems to drive him in, even though, they hadn't lock eyes for more than 3 seconds ever.

A knock came through his door, knocking him out of his reverie. "Come in" he ushered the person in.

"Good morning sir" his most trusted private investigator greeted and he gave him a curt nod. "Are you done with the work I gave you?." He asked and the guy just brought out a file and handed it to him. "Yes sir, this file contains every information you needed, I didn't miss out anything as you said."

"Okay, you're dismissed." He said, with a wave of his hand. Seconds passed and the man still stood there, eyes filled with curiosity. "

Anything else?" Mubarak asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No sir, I'm just curious as to why you will ask me to make an investigation over a random girl, this has never happened before."

Mubarak kept the file and placed his hands on the table and brought them forward as he entwined them, "Adam, since when did I start informing you about everything I do?" He asked in the coldest tune as he gave him a questioning look. 

"No sir, I'm sorry." With that, he went out closing the door after him.

Mubarak heaved a sigh as he took the file and ran his hands over him. He opened it and studied it carefully, he read every line and what he read made him shocked and admire her once again.

She is an Orphan staying alone with her two siblings. Her father is a drunkard and a drug addict, he abandoned them few years back and her mother passed away 4 years ago. Leaving her and her siblings alone. She works in a restaurant and she is the one fending for them.  She is went through a lot of trauma and has a hard time finishing her degree. She is traumatised and she is an asthmatic patient. She sometimes have attacks. She visits the Orphanage regularly and loves taking care of the kids.

I know life isn't always a bed of roses, but life isn't fair on you, Haniyyah.' He thought to himself. he closed the file and kept it. His heart began to flutter a bit as her face came into view. She smiled at him once and it is still etched in his mind. 'What are you? Should I call you a super woman or simply a strong lady?'

He doesn't know why, but he felt more attracted to her and wants to help her. It's not easy being alone in this cruel little world, and loosing both parent in this generation isn't easy and she's effortlessly doing this. He wants to be close to her and that's what he will do.

He spend the rest of his day in office and it was late in the evening when he decided to call it a day. He didn't know why, but he decided to pass through the restaurant Haniyyah worked in, perhaps he might see her. Hopefully, he was just passing by when he saw her with a smile on her face as she clutched onto her bag. She bid farewell to her coworkers and fixed her glasses on her face. The innocent on her face is something he never misses to observe.

The sky roared as dark clouds began to hover in the sky. She raised her eyes up and saw how black the sky is. And heavy wind began to raise, she didn't take her inhaler with  her and she's alone, if she is not fast, this wind will knock her unconscious as she will struggle to breath. And she has already covered half a distance from her workplace. she began to walk faster, unbeknownst to her that she was slowly followed.

Rain began to fall from the sky as everyone began to run fast to seek shelter. She stood at the the door of a nearby shop as she robbed her body. Rain bath to drop on her soaking her wet and the sky was slowly turning darker. She didn't know when tears began to fill her eyes and she let them fall. As much as she loves the rain, she didn't want to get sick because no one will take care of her siblings.