V.

Warning: Triggers of Sexual Assault 

The female inmates whistles and make noise as Melissa enters with three security guards. She gets to her cell where she's sharing with another woman named Jetta. Melissa sat down on the bottom bunk as Jetta hoped down from the top bunk from reading her book. Jetta, "Hi. I'm Jetta." 

Melissa was shocked at Jetta's jolly voice, "Melissa." The guard slams the cell door causing Melissa to jump. Jetta, "You seem down. What's wrong?" 

Melissa, "I'm here... and ultimately I just feel let down." 

Jetta, "Well, this is just your time to reflect." 

Melissa, "You seem like a nice person. What are you in here for?" 

Jetta, "Umm.. my father was an abusive bastard. My mom didn't believe me, so I had to stand up for myself."

Melissa, "Gosh, I couldn't imagine. I'm so sorry. Just sucks. Why do mom's or dad's decide to harm their kids in any way? I mean getting angry and accidently hitting a child too hard is one thing, as long as they're sorry. But abusing a child in any way, your child, any child is just sick." 

Jetta, "Tell me about it. You?" 

Melissa, "I had great loving parents. They're both dead. And I was forced into the street life after being kidnapped. And everything he's done they want to pin on me. And the state prosecutor hates me." 

Jetta, "Wow. Are you going to appeal?" 

Melissa, "I'm going to try. You should too." 

Jetta laughs, "I don't know about that. I mean what's really out there for me? I've been in here since I was 15 years old, and I'm 30 years old now." 

Melissa was shocked at Jetta's 15 years already served then an inmate named Big Janet comes banging on the cell. Big Janet, "Jetta, wanna come play?" Big Janet licks her tongue out at Jetta. Jetta, "No. Go ahead. We're over. Been over." 

Big Janet, "So you wit dis bitch now?!" 

Melissa, "Hey. Whoa, I don't swing that way." 

Big Janet, "I love a challenge." Melissa frowns her face, rejecting Big Janet again. Big Janet, "Chow time in a few minutes. See yall pretty asses in the cafeteria." 

Dana bangs on their cell, "JETTA, BITCH YOU GOT MY COMMISSARY?!" 

Jetta yells, "I don't owe you shit!"

Dana, "Yeah. You chose Janet big ass over me! Wouldn't give a nigga a chance. I know she couldn't eat that pussy like me." Melissa just waiting for Jetta's response. But before Jetta could response, Big Janet rushes Dana and a fight breaks out right in front of Melissa and Jetta's cell. Security comes to break it up. Dana is escorted off to the medical office with a busted eye and nose. Melissa, "Wow." Jetta just shakes her head as their cell door comes open to head to the cafeteria. 

Officer Millie, "ALRIGHT! LADIES SIGLE FILE LINE! GET YOUR LUNCH BAG AND HEAD BACK YOUR CELL! THERE AINT NO MILK TODAY SO YOU CAN GET A CUP OF WATER FROM THE FOUNTAIN." 

Melissa, "Water is good." 

Jetta whispers, "It's brown." 

Melissa, "Oh hell no." 

Officer Millie, "HEY FRESHY NO TALKING IN MY LINE! AND LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD. NOT TO THE LEFT. NOT TO THE RIGHT. BUT STRAIGHT AHEAD!" 

Steven arise from the bed in the morgue. Dr. Jones, "Your ass is lucky I work here." 

Steven, "Thanks for being a friend."