XI.

Morgan was giving Melissa attitude about having to move. Morgan, "Florida is way on the other side. I'm going to miss my friends. And what about my man?" 

Melissa scoffs, "Your man? Girl please. If he was worth his salt your ass wouldn't have been stealing for him in the first place. And I didn't come all this way for nothing. I'm just trying to get back on my feet myself and here you come with the bullshit." 

Morgan rolls her eyes once more. Melissa help load Morgan things up and they headed to Target for Melissa to grab things. Melissa, "You stay in the car. The last thing I need is you being caught stealing and prolong me getting back." 

Melissa grabs a shopping cart after getting a drink from the Target Starbucks. As she scrolling, someone walks up to her and speak. 

Dre, "Long time no see

Dre, "Long time no see." 

Melissa took in a sharp breath, "Hi." 

Dre, "How have you been?"

Melissa, "I've been fine. And you?" 

Dre, "I've been better but professionally things are going great for me. So, last thing I heard you were doing your real estate and artistic thing then you just up and disappeared." 

Melissa, "My family needed me." 

Dre shakes his head, "Why don't you see? Your family ain't nothing but trouble. They call you go running, in the process you left me and you and I could be married like kids and being a power couple. Now, what kind of trouble did you find yourself in when you went running?" 

Melissa didn't know how to respond because Dre was right. Every time her family called, she went to their rescue. And obviously Melissa family was the type to leave details out and she's met with a troubled surprised every time. But this past time, she found herself kidnapped and forced into a street life she didn't want. 

Melissa, "I have to go." Before she could walk off, he grabs her wrist and pulls her to him. Dre, "I still love you." 

Melissa turns her face, "Things are different." 

Dre, "Someone else?" 

Melissa, "No." 

Dre, "Then how about I take you to dinner and we talk." 

Melissa, "Listen, I think we should just leave things as is. And I'm just here for a little bit, as in just a few more hours, then I'll be back in Florida." 

Dre, "Staying by yourself?"

Melissa, "Not right now." 

Dre takes out a stack of money, "I can have you in your own house." 

Melissa, "Thanks but no thanks. I know if I take that money or anything else, it will cost me something." 

As Melissa turned to leave, Dre places an air tag inside her purse as she pay and exit the store. They head back on the road and Melissa tries to make the best of the road trip that would last almost two days.