VIII.

Anita was sitting across the table from Joshua at Five Guys enjoying her burger. Joshua, "Still nit Waffle House especially at night. You get a show and supper." Anita and Joshua laughs. Anita, "So, how are things?"

Joshua, "Well, I was doing the street thing now I'm doing this boxing. Me and Imani was engaged but a few weeks ago, she done packed her shit and left the ring." 

Anita, "So, are yall going to work it out?" Joshua shrugs. Joshua, "I just knew I wanted to take you seeing you again." 

Anita laughs, "Okay Fatu. So, besides the street stuff. What were your flaws?" 

Joshua, "I don't have any. I don't believe. Maybe I'm hardheaded at times, but I know I'm one hell of a provider. Maybe I could've been home more. But to be honest, I left home at times to avoid an argument. I'm just not the type of man who wants to do the back and forth arguing and that's all her ass wanted to do at times." 

Anita, "I feel that. Ever since I've known you, you never liked the back and forth especially with a female. But maybe you should apologize and just explain that to her." 

Joshua, "I'm not focused on that." 

Meanwhile, Melissa grabs her bag and searches for Joe. She sees him in his home office through the glass door and knocks. 

Melissa, "Hi. I'm about to head out." 

Joe looks up from his desk and raises his eyebrows, "Where?" 

Melissa was surprised at his questioning, "Out.... with friends?" 

Joe, "Where?"

Melissa, "To a longue? Is there a problem?" 

Joe, "In that? You basically just got a T-shirt on with no bra. Where's the rest of it?"

Melissa, "Ummm... I didn't know I had to follow a certain dress code." 

Joe snaps and slams down his laptop, "Well you do. I can't have a woman I just got out, who has a connection to the people I'm still investing, out here showing it off and doing whatever with whomever while this is still open." Melissa didn't say anything so just looked at him. Joe continues, "Did you go on a date last night?" 

 Joe continues, "Did you go on a date last night?"