Unpacking

A/N- This is the first part of the sequel to 'Marjoreece One Shots' If you haven't read that yet I would recommend you do as it could clear some things in this story up. -Phoebe

As Marjorie and Reece stood in the kitchen leaning onto each other's sides there was a knock at the door.

"That must be the movers. I'll go answer it gorgeous." Reece left Marjorie with a kiss on the forehead before walking through the spacious house and opening the front door. Marjorie heard Reece talking to the movers about something. She turned to face the kitchen window that looked out to the vast, green garden.

She opened the double, French glass doors and a soft breeze spread out into the kitchen. It was coming to the end of summer, so the floor was littered in small light covered leaves. She stepped out onto the stone patio and looked around. To the left of her was a large pool with a hot tub. Marjorie strolled down the stone steps that led onto the grass. The was a small gravel pathway that led down to an area that was heavily populated with trees. She brushed her hands along the bushes, rustling them as she stepped by. She opened the small gate at the bottom of the long garden and swung it closed. She slowly stepped out onto the crunchy forest floor.

Meanwhile, Reece had just closed the door and turned around to a mountainous wall of carboard boxes. He sighed as he read the labels on each box.

"Marjorie? Can you give me a hand?" He softly yelled through to the kitchen where he thought she last was. He got no reply from her, so he sidestepped round the boxes to find Marjorie. Instead of Marjorie he found 2 doors wide open to the garden. His eyes wandered down the garden until he saw Marjorie slowly venturing into the wooded area. He smiled while shaking his head. He then briskly turned on his heels and returned to the boxes where he started to move each allocated box to the organized rooms. 

Back with Marjorie, she found a hidden lake. It was surrounded by handing willow trees and vines that made it seem like a whole different world. In the tranquil lake there was a mall family of ducks bobbing along the water. She watched and smiled as the adult ducks looked out for the younger ducklings. She knew this would be a perfect place to bring Lilly and Ethan, Reece's cousin's kids.

Once Reece had organized the boxes, he got to placing everything out. He started in the living room by taking all the parts of the new L shaped sofa out. Suddenly, there was another knock at the door. Reece rolled his eyes getting up from the floor and chucking the instructions to the side. He opened the door to find Mia standing in front of him.

"Hey Reesey. Thought you might of need my help." She raised her eyebrows and folded her arms smugly.

"Hello Mia." Reece spoke through gritted teeth reluctantly letting her walk in. She chucked her leather jacket to the side and looked around the tall hallway nodding slowly.

"This place isn't bad Reesey; I presume Marjorie picked it."

"Yeah." Reece rolled his eyes and picked up her jacket and hung it on the banister of the stairs. He then walked through to where all the parts for the sofa were. Mia followed him smirking at his annoyance.

"Where is Marjorie anyways?" Mia sat down next to Reece tossing the manual aside and grabbing a screwdriver and piercing her lips together over some screws.

"Oh, Shes wandered down into the woods at the end of the garden." Reece reached over Mia grabbing the manual she chucked. Mia nudged Reece as he was on all fours making him topple over. He shot up and shot Mia a nasty look as she laughed maniacally. Mia ripped the manual out of his hands as he rolled his eyes.

"Who needs manuals." Mia smirked, she loved to torment Reece.

The two of them got to work on building the sofa and other things around the house like their bed.

"Right the sofa, dining table and your favorite thing is done." Mia smirked at Reece as he raised one of his eyebrows.

"What do you mean favor-" The realization his Reece's face. "Mia ew gross shut up!" 

Marjorie emerged in the room behind Reece. "Really Mia?" Marjorie shook her head while wrapping her arms around Reece.

"Yeah, I'm going to go." Mia raised her eyebrows before walking out to the hallway, slinging her jacket over her shoulder.

"Thanks Mia." Marjorie called out while Reece grumbled something under his breath. They heard the door shut and Reece exhaled.

"She was driving me up the wall." He widened his eyes and pinched the center of his nose.

"Yeah, I could tell my love.! She rubbed his arm supportively "Seems like you two got a lot done then."

"Yeah, we assembled the dining table, sofa and the bed. It was hard with Mia around, but we got it done. How was your walk gorgeous?" Reece nodded.

"Good work my love, yeah it was nice. There's a cute duck pond down there!" Marjorie's eyes widened and she beamed at Reece.

"Oh! that's nice we'll have to go together soon." He winked at her before throwing himself back onto the new sofa exhaling as Marjorie leaned up beside him. 

Their tv wasn't in place just yet so they just talked. They talked about anything and could forever never getting bored in each other's embrace. Eventually after a while Marjorie fell asleep, her head leant against Reece's chest, her mouth was open, so she was snoring lightly. Reece leant his head on top of hers and eventually the two fell asleep together holding each other close by.