The waiting room

"Shit."

"What's wrong my love?" Marjorie said concerned.

"Auts in labor."

"What?" Marjorie's eyes widened, gasping.

"She's in the hospital, We have to go to her, I need to be there for her." Reece eventually managed to get the words out while picking up his car keys and walking out of the house again. Marjorie followed closely after quickly picking up the gift bag containing the gift they had gotten for when the time would come. The two franticly drove off, Reece speeding more than he would normally, trying his best to dodge the busy, main roads and red traffic lights. His knuckles grew white as he gripped the steering wheel tighter and tighter, his face grew pale with worry, Marjorie had never seen him in such a state as this before. 

Reece recklessly pulled into a parking space slightly overlapping the lines. He rushed out of the car slamming the door shut. He didn't come to Marjorie's side of the car to help her out as he normally would, instead he walked straight into the reception.

"Reece wait!" Marjorie called out behind him trying to keep up with him. Reece couldn't carry on walking off while Marjorie was desperately trying to catch up to him so he slowed down allowing her to catch up and take his arm. She gave him a supportive smile.

"It's going to be okay." Reece slightly smiled at her and paused nodding. He knew Autumn. Autumn was one of the strongest women he had ever seen. The two of them wandered up to the front desk.

"We're here for Autumn Fortune-Knight," Marjorie said waiting for a response from the old receptionist. The receptionist glanced up at the anxious couple.

"Very well, She arrived about half an hour ago. Down that corridor and up the lift to floor 4, Room 13." The receptionist handed them paper visitor wristbands.

Reece nodded on the verge of tears, desperately clinging onto Marjorie's woollen jumper for comfort. The two entered the lift and waited in an awkward silence. Marjorie didn't know how to comfort Reece at this time, she didn't think she could.Reece and Marjorie arrived on the ward just stopping outside Autumn's room's door.

"Do we go in what do we do??" Reece desperately asked chewing the inside corners of his mouth.

"I'm not sure my love." Marjorie looked sympathetically at Reece who was beside himself with worry. "Why don't you knock? I can wait here if you just want a moment with her?" Reece looked to the floor and nodded, taking a step towards the door and hesitantly knocking. 

The door was answered by Winter.

"Reece, thank god. Is Marjorie not with you?" Winter greeted Reece as he stepped into the room. 

Reece nodded silently. "Well, why doesn't she come in." Winter popped his head round the door and ushered Marjorie inside, Marjorie rushed to Reece's side placing a hand on his back.

Reece looked up to see a very uncomfortable Autumn laying in bed. She was hooked up to multiple wires that were flowing things in and out of her. Autumn looked up at her brother and 

smiled slightly.

"Reece!" She whispered. She held out her arms as he rushed to her side, taking in all the machine's noises. Winter stood next to Marjorie as Reece wrapped his arms gently around his sister, pulling her in as a singular tear ran down his cheek. 

"Now that's something I never thought I would see... ever." Winter smiled looking at the siblings comforting each other.

"How long has she been in labour for?" Marjorie asked turning to Winter who was still admiring his wife.