ꜱɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ

⋆✮ ᴏᴀ'ʀᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ✮⋆

With a smile, i ran through the leafy part of the island with my other half, Neteyam

His deep laughter was like a warm current washing over me. We were running, wild and free, giggling like babies as we crashed through the thick leaves that stuck out from the sand. My thick tail swished behind me, a blur of turquoise against the emerald green.

My breath hitched as my foot caught on a gnarled root. I tumbled, the ground rushing up to meet me.

Before I could stand up again, Neteyam was there, bumping into me with human words slipping past his lips, sending us both sprawling. He was up in a flash, his hand outstretched, pulling me to my feet.

"Jesus baby" he chuckled, his dark blue skin gleaming in the filtered light. "You're fast"

"Not fast" I laughed, playfully shoving him. "Just good at..." i paused, looking around. "Moving past things"

Our laughter faded, the air between us thick with something new, something that made my heart flutter like a startled little fish.

His eyes, the color of the biggest sun met mine, and suddenly, the world faded away to just us. He leaned in, and I met him halfway, our lips brushing in a soft, slow kiss. "Mm" I hummed, snaking my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

He pulled away, a slow smile spreading across his face. "Did i ever tell you how perfect you are?" he whispered, his voice a low rumble against my ear.

"Yes, a thousand times. But tell me again" I chuckled, biting my lower lip while searching his eyes.

He walked us over to a nearby tree. "You ar-" He was cut off as we tumbled through a massive, drooping leaf, landing with a soft thud in the center of a hollow tree.

Neteyam caught himself against the smooth, inner bark, his hand leaving a dark smudge. He still held me close, but I couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up. I reached up, my fingers tracing the shape of his nose"Let go, dum-dum" I teased, wriggling out of his grip. "So...what do you think?" I questioned.

"It's cool. What is this place?" he murmured.

We both looked up at the woven cloths that were draped in different areas, leaving room for all tiny paintings i've done.

My heart swelled with a secret pride. "This is my safe place" I said, gesturing around. "My secret hideout"

I sat down on the woven floor bed that i stuffed with a bunch of old leaves for extra cushion. "Lay with me" I whispered, patting the spot next to me.

Neteyam's jaw clenched as he settled into the spot next to me.

With a swift movement, i straddled his waist. I felt his muscles tense under me. "What's wrong?" i asked, furrowing my brows at his sudden stiffness.

"It's just cold in here" He grinned, carefully pushing me off of him, and pulling the thin cover over us.

Silence lingered in the space between us. So i snuggled closer and rested my head on his chest.

"What's your role in the clan going to be?"

His voice was husky, and different than the other boys here. I was obsessed with it. "I- i want to be a singer" I mumbled, feeling a familiar heat rise in my cheeks.

"Can you sing for me?" He asked, placing a finger under my chin and lifting it until i met his gaze.

With one last deep breath, i began to sing the song that's echoed in my mind since my rebirth.

"𝘙𝘦𝘺𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘧𝘮𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘢'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩é 𝘵𝘳𝘳 𝘵𝘴𝘢'𝘶 𝘯𝘨𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘥, 𝘴𝘭ä
(Blood poured into the moon the day that you died, but

𝘦𝘺𝘸𝘢 𝘣𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘴𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘯𝘨𝘢 𝘵𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘱.
eywa broke it apart to bring you to life)

𝘗𝘹𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘸 𝘵ř𝘯𝘦𝘥...
(As the sky turned...)"

My voice wavered, growing shy from the look that swelled in his eyes. I saw it all, the wonder, the awe.

"Please" He breathed, looking at me with an intensity i've never seen. "Keep singing Oa're"

I reached out, running my fingers through his braids. A newfound confidence showing as i began to sing again.

"𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘯, 𝘧ì𝘵𝘹𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘪.  '𝘶𝘱𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯, 𝘻𝘦𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘶
(Red, so did your eyes. What's taken, must be used)"

"𝘴𝘭ä 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘢 𝘵𝘹𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘺𝘰𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘱
(But that night we gained another life)"

Once i finished the last note, i opened my eyes and seen him sleeping peacefully. I scooted closer to him, relaxing from the hushed snores that escaped his lips.

I was safe, and loved. I'd never be alone ever again, not at long as i had Neteyam by my side. My eyelids grew heavy with fatigue, and soon i finally dreamt.