ꜱᴘɪʀɪᴛ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

☆ ɴᴇᴛᴇʏᴀᴍ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ☆

"Ew! Neteyam you're so gross!" Oa're shrieked, wiping the spot that i licked on her face

"Ew! Neteyam you're so gross!" Oa're shrieked, wiping the spot that i licked on her face. She was perfect, and i'd do anything just to hear her talk. Even if it meant licking that pretty little face of hers.

"Come on, snowflake" I chuckled, reaching out and pulling on her soft tail. "Don't act like you hated it"

She slapped my hand away, "You're annoying" a giggle slipped past her lips, the same ones that i dreamed of kissing for the rest of my life.

Without warning, i put her in a loose headlock. "Ahh, am i really?" i snickered, ruffling her white hair.

The return of the tulkun was a time for stories.

The woven bridge swayed beneath us as we continued to play fight. But then a loud horn filled the air, followed by a voice. "Our brothers and sisters have returned! The tulkun have returned!"

Oa'res eyes widened, "Come on" she slapped my arm before turning around and diving into the water.

I dove in after her, wrapping an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. The feeling of her skin on mine took all of my worries away. I didn't worry about war, death, or the sky people hunting down my family. Oa're took away all of my paranoid thoughts. She silenced them.

My eyes widened when we went past a bunch of huge sea creatures. I've never seen anything like this in my life, it was cool. Oa're slid off of the ilu before placing a hand on my cheek. She nuzzled her nose against mine before swimming down towards a smaller tulkun with a badass tattoo on its back.

Some told stories of new loves...

I watched Oa're communicate with her spirit brother. They both looked over at me before looking away.

She signed 'That boy makes me feel alive'  while resting her head on the tulkun's fin.

The tulkun made a low pitched wailing noise. Oa're placed both of her hands on her mouth before blowing an air bubble heart over to the creature. Then, her piercing gaze found mine. 'My brother wants to look into your eyes' she signed, waving me over to them.

I took one last deep breath before swimming down to them. An awkward smile twitched onto my lips as i waved at the tulkun. He was a small guy, but his energy was five times his size. This tulkun had a strong heart.

The tulkun flipped over and made a clicking noise.

Oa're grabbed my arm and laughed, causing bubbles to rush out of her mouth. 'He said you reek of love' she signed, blowing an air bubble heart at me.

My heart beat hammered against my ribs. 'It's not my fault, she's the one who stole my heart' i slowly signed, smiling at both of them.

The tulkun let out a high pitched rumbling sound, flipping back over and looking at Oa're.

Oa'res face softened as she slowly signed 'I do love him, i'm just scared'

Dude...Oa're loves me back? The prettiest moon girl loves me back?

The tulkun raised its fin, ruffling Oa'res hair, it seemed like a gesture of comfort and understanding. Oa're rubbed her cheek up against it, smiling softly.

I moved back a little, watching as they twirled upside down together. A warmth spread through me, i was honored to be able to witness a beautiful bond like this.

And i prayed that this wouldn't be the last.

Later that night Oa're and i met at our usual spot. The abandoned marui smelled like damp wood and salt, but the only thing i cared about was the beautiful girl beneath me.

My lips ghosted over hers, they were swollen from how much i kissed her tonight. I couldn't stop, she had me trapped under her spell. "So you love me, huh?" i teased, running my tongue across her sweet bottom lip.

Oa're giggled, running both of her hands through my braids, "How could i not?" she whispered, pulling me back into the kiss. I moved down to her neck, kissing it until i found the spot that made her shiver. My tongue ran over her sweet spot, sucking, and nibbling at it.

"That feels nice" Oa're breathed, wrapping her arms around me.

"Yeah?" i murmured, smirking against her skin. I began to place a trail of tender kisses down her body. Each kiss was a promise to love her forever, and care for her more than life and air.

My hand gently grabbed her thighs, spreading them apart. I teased her inner thigh with quick kisses. Her hands found their way to my hair again, tugging on a few braids. Just as my lips were about to touch her loin cloth, she tensed up. I pulled away to look at her. "What's wrong baby?" i asked, furrowing my brows.

"It's just that..." she paused to take a deep breath. "I'm scared that if we do more than kissing it'll hurt more when i have to mate with Aonung" her gaze met mine. Those beautiful icy eyes were now darkened with fear.

My blood ran cold once i remembered that she wasn't mine, and only mine. Soon she'd have to mate with another guy, and i couldn't let that happen. Hell no.

"Be mine" I murmured, grabbing her long white braid.

Her breath hitched. "You know that we can't" she whispered, frowning as she took her braid from me. "I have responsibilities, i must mate with Aonung"

My heart sank a little. "Is that what you want? Or what everyone else wants for you?" I asked lowly.

"I wasn't saved to care about what i want" her hand pushed me away so she could sit up. "All i am is a freak who stole from the moon" she sniffled, raw and pure agony in each word.

It broke my heart to hear her talk so badly about herself. She didn't know how special she was, and that's what killed me. "You're perfect...Oa're is perfect" i whispered, placing a hand on her soft cheek.

A choked sob escaped her mouth, "This has to end. I'm sorry Neteyam" Oa're wiped her eyes, backing away.

Before she move any further, I reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards me. "But it doesn't? I can take you away from here, Oa're. All you have to do is say the words" i murmured, desperation clawing at my heart.

Her cries grew quieter, she hesitated a bit before wrapping her arms around my torso. "I want to leave" she sniffled. "Take me away from here"

I nodded, tears stinging my eyes. "The night of the next full moon" I began, placing a hand on the back of her head, "We will leave"