CHAPTER IV: FIRST TAKES

The day had finally come. The cameras were set, the crew bustling around in preparation, and the energy on set buzzed with anticipation.

You, on the other hand, had a rare moment to relax.

You had spent the last few months pouring everything into this project, from writing the script to overseeing the final details, and now it was time to let the actors bring it all to life.

As you arrived on set, you spotted Dahyun near the monitors, giving instructions to the crew.

She'd always been reliable, and you were glad to have her by your side through all of this.

The rest of the cast and crew were getting ready as well, slipping into their characters, adjusting costumes, or going over their lines.

You walked through the set, greeting the actors as you went.

Lee Dohyun was completely at ease, cracking jokes with some of the makeup artists as he got into his tuxedo for the wedding scene.

He gave you a casual wave.

"Director Park!" Dohyun called out with a grin. "Ready to make magic today?"

You laughed softly, shaking your head at his laid-back demeanor. "I should be asking you that. You ready for the big scene?"

"Always ready," he replied with confidence, adjusting his tie.

Then, your eyes landed on Chaeyoung. Unlike Dohyun, she wasn't as relaxed.

Her movements were stiff, her gaze darting around the set as if she was trying to absorb everything at once.

You could see the tension in her posture, the way she fidgeted with her dress, clearly nervous about the scene ahead.

It wasn't unexpected.

After all, this was her first major acting role, and today's scene was crucial, the wedding day, full of emotion and subtleties.

You approached her but didn't want to push. "You good?" you asked softly, careful not to draw too much attention.

Chaeyoung nodded quickly, her lips pressed into a thin line. "Yeah. I'm fine," she said, but the uncertainty in her voice was obvious.

You gave her a reassuring smile but didn't press further. There was no need to make her more anxious than she already was.

You could tell that part of her nerves had to do with the kiss scene, the romantic element that she wasn't used to.

It wasn't unusual for new actors to struggle with intimate scenes, and you figured she'd work through it once she settled into the role.

"All right, let's get started!" you called out to the crew, clapping your hands together. "Places, everyone!"

The set transformed instantly. The lights dimmed to the perfect warmth, casting a soft, romantic glow over the carefully constructed wedding scene.

The camera operators moved into position, and the sound team adjusted their microphones.

You took your place behind the monitor, watching closely as the scene began to unfold.

Chaeyoung and Dohyun took their positions at the altar, dressed in wedding attire that made them look like a picture-perfect couple.

The scene called for tenderness, the joy of two people on their wedding day, oblivious to the dark future that lay ahead.

"Action!"

Dohyun slipped easily into character, smiling softly as he held Chaeyoung's hands.

But Chaeyoung was struggling. Her lines came out stiff, and her expressions were strained, like she couldn't quite get into the moment.