0.1

Darkness was all she could see.

As she sat on the ground of her empty mind, there was only black. 

Maybe I'm dead? She thought. No, that couldn't be it. If she was dead she would be with...be with...she couldn't remember.

She can't remember anything.

Who am I?

Where am I?

As Wanda stood looking at her twins, she felt nothing but happiness.

This was the life she always wanted. The life she deserved. And yet, why did she feel like something was still missing?

She heard Vision enter the room hastily, stripping off his human disguise.

"Wanda?" Vision asked, inching towards his wife and sons with caution. "Where's Geraldine?"

Geraldine.

She was a traitor. An imposter. She broke into her home. Wanda couldn't allow that. Wanda had to throw her out.

But Vision didn't need to know that.

"Oh, she left, honey," Wanda said, not flinching a bit at her lie. "She had to rush home."

Suddenly, Billy began to cry, yearning for his mother's embrace. Wanda smiled as she picked up her son while Vision walked over, seemingly snapping out of his trance of clarity.

"Two boys," Vision said, wrapping his arm around his wife's waist. "They're going to be a handful."

"Oh, we can handle them," Wanda said, bouncing her son up and down to ease his crying. "But a girl would be nice."

Wanda had always wanted a daughter. She wanted to braid her hair, and talk to her about boys, and dress her up in the cutest outfits. She wanted to do all the things she never got to do with her own mother.

That's it. Wanda thought. She finally figured out the last thing her perfect world was missing.

A daughter.

Light flooded the room. Was it a room? Was it a void? Whatever it was, it was suddenly lit with a bright red light.

This is it. She thought. My end of this seemingly eternal suffering.

Maybe death would've been better, but no. The light flooded all around until it was all she could see. Then before she knew it, everything went black.

And stayed black.

Until finally...

she opened her eyes.