Volume 1 9-The Azar Continent

Maykay, 4, 1471

Divna, Arcol and I were now riding through a path in an open field surrounded by green grass as I was behind them.

Here's the situation. We had to wait another two days for the boat to reach the docks and retrieve our horses. We took some jobs during that time and even made some money. Now, I have to be honest, we've been travelling for about almost four or five months together now. Nothing much happened since we left the port. And I think I already know these two better.

Arcol is an honorable man, he's what one would call a "Respectable person". He always tries to do things according the law and whatnot. Now, I've never been one for worshiping the gods or something like that. But he does, he has a lot of respect for the children of Noxarius. Especially for Judar, the god of justice. I can't help but to wonder how does a man like that survived the war.

He then looked at Divna.

Then there's Divna. A woman of martial talents. I had heard about Sobeck's bastard drafted into the war. But to think it was truth. Still, I hear about how the war changed every soldier from when they left their homes. But, what about her? The soldiers that returned had a home to return to with family or friends waiting for them. 

But her... She did not have a home to return to. She seems pretty attached to Arcol. She'd probably have a panic attack if something were to happen to him. Which it already did, but he wasn't eaten on the spot, so crisis adverted, I guess. 

Still, that's as much as I was able to figure out. They don't talk much about their past or even the war at all. Even when it just ended a year ago. Now, you may be wondering what happens next? I do too. These last months have gone without much trouble. Still we're about a week away to pass by Noxarius. The greatest human city in the world. Which would mark the middle point of crossing Azar. At this point I'm running out of ideas. We're gonna reach The Wasteland and I'll be dead in some forgotten desert.

Suddenly, I saw the mark on my neck faintly glow.

"Don't speak and answer with your thoughts." I heard Erik's voice in my mind.

'What? Erik, that's really you?'

'Yeah. New tricked I picked up. How do you like it?'

'Where has these been all this time?!'

I then hear him laugh.

'Entertaining myself with your adventure. That underwater crisis you had... Pretty close wasn't it?'

He said with a small chuckle.

'Yes. Very. Anyway, where the hell are you right now?'

'Around.' He said. I don't know what I expected, I knew he'd say something like that.

'Where is around?'

'Like I said, around.' Damn you and your tendency to keep information to yourself.

'Fine. So, any ideas how to get me out of this situation.'

'Don't worry about it. All I need you to do is to get to the Noxarius. Think you can do that?'

I couldn't help but to smirk. We're headed that way.

'Shouldn't be a problem.'

'Good. I'll find you there. I'm erasing the mark.' 

The mark's glow disappeared as I quickly grab my knife and use the reflection on the blade to see the mark is gone.

"You're awfully quiet." I hear Divna comment and quickly sheath the knife.