Chapter 7

The next morning I woke up to an empty space next to me, but the warmth coming from the spot told me that she didn't leave me too long ago. But the fact that she left was enough to bother me and my wolf, every time I went near her she seemed to want to run in the opposite direction.

That stopped today though. There was no more second guessing myself and being afraid. No more going easy on people who disrespect me. And most importantly, no more being a push over; I am an Alpha and I need to start acting like one.

As soon as I stepped out of the shower and got dressed I immediately went downstairs to make sure food was prepared for my guests but I was surprised to hear unfamiliar voices coming from the kitchen as I got closer, one of the voices belonged to Victoria and another to an older women who I assumed was her mom.

"So, where you with the Alpha last night?" her mother asked while eyeing Victoria looking hopeful for an answer.

Victoria paused for a few seconds before offering a slight nod of the head, was she embarrassed?

"Did you use protection?" her mom asked quickly.

"Mom!" Vicki yelled while setting down the knife she was using and at this point her hair and eyes began turning orange.

"Look sweetheart, I am so happy you found your mate but I don't want grandbabies right now. Not with this going on and I told you how it is with mate, the first night you guys—" she began.

"Okay mom!" she yelled while waving her hands, her hair and eyes started going back to normal color. "If you don't stop talking I will take this knife and stab it in my ear." She said then laughed along with her mom.

"Nothing happened. I was asleep when he came in and I left before he woke. And I'm sure he noticed by now..." she mumbled shaking her head. "You should have seen the way he looked at me, like I had grown a third arm out of my stomach or something. He'll reject me soon enough." She finished and before her mother could reply a let out a loud growl then stepped out of the shadows.

"Ms. Riley may I have a word with your daughter?" I asked while keeping my eyes on Vicki.

"Yes Alpha." She said bowing her head in respect then gave her daughter a comforting smile before leaving.

"Why would you say something like that?" I snapped then ran my hands down my face trying to calm down before walking over to her. "Do you know how long I've waited for you?" I asked staring into her eyes and then moved some pink hair that fell from her face. "Do you know how long you've been haunting my dreams? How much I've woken up from those dreams at the exact moment you were about to look at me?" I asked huskily while snaking my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. "Now tell me..." I began while slowly trailing a hand up her side, to her neck, then cupped her cheek. "Tell me why in this beautiful head of your, why I would reject you." I asked while bringing her face loser to mine.

"Well..." she began but couldn't get the words out fast enough so she closed her mouth and sighed while she thought. "Have you not noticed something a little bit different about me?" she asked then looked down. "In case you didn't notice my hair was black when you walked in." she said quietly as if to not upset me. "And now its yellow, but before it was yellow it was pink and even before that it was orange. And I'm not a champion hair dyer so there goes that idea." she quickly finished.

I finally understood now why she seemed overly shy and nervous. A little bit of nerves was normal when finding your mate but hers were just over the roof all because she thought her hair and eyes changing color would freak me out. I bent down a little nuzzling my face into her neck and laughed before straightening up.