Chapter Eight

"Over my dead body!" I yelled as soon as Vicki had made her suggestion at the same time her father had yelled "Hell no!". Everyone else who was in the room starting murmuring to each other while her father and I were trying to talk over each other telling her how bad of an idea that really was.

By this point Vicki had sat herself down in a chair and was looking at her father and I both with a bored expression on her face and acting as if she didn't just suggest to put her own life at risk. At this point my mind was overwhelmed with the amount of information I have gotten within the past 24 hours. Being at war, finding my mate, a murder attempt made on my mate's life which no one but I know about, and the fact that Wyatt has some sick obsession over my mate.

That did not sit well with either my wolf or myself.

"Enough!" I yelled while slowly turning in a circle to get everyone's attention. I have never yelled like this before and it felt...good. I finally felt like I had everyone attention and they were taking me seriously.

"Vicki, you are not going into Blood Lust territory and that is final." I said to which she dramatically sighed and swung her head back.

Something that I found insanely adorable and funny.

"But no one knows me over there," she started

False.

"And even if they could recognize me I am able to disguise quickly." She added.

True. But that answer was still no.

"No Vicki, this is not up for further conversation. Kevin please get her out of here and have Luca watch over her until I come get her." I said to which he nodded.

"I'm not leaving, I want to know what's going on. As Luna of this pack now I have a right to know what the plan is." She said to which everyone gasped since no one but her parents, Kevin, a few of my men, and I knew about it.

"Kevin now. Pick her up or drag her out, I don't care." I said then turned my attention pack to everyone else in the room and tried to ignore the yells from my mate as Kevin forcefully removed her from the room. I didn't like the idea of someone else, let alone another male wolf, touching my mate but I had important issues at hand.

"Landon," Alpha Riley started while putting a hand on my shoulder. "I have some men that could go into territory. They're trained for things like this." He finished.

"Get them here now please." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose. "Everyone else, there will be extra patrols from now until this war has ended. With the help of Alpha Rileys men I'm hoping that no one will have to go out more than they did before, but I cannot make any promises. I have slacked and struggled with this for so long that it's time to start taking action and acting like the Alpha you all deserve. Everyone in this room will be trained by Alpha Rileys men in fighting and if anyone refuses to listen to directions there will be consequences." I finished and looked around waiting for either nods or someone to tell me that they understood. After a few seconds I heard claps coming from somewhere in the room and pretty soon everyone was clapping and patting me on the shoulder.

It was that moment I knew that I finally fit into my position as Alpha of the Clear Moon pack.

After another half hour of talking with Alpha Riley and scheduling patrols and trainings I was ready to go out and find Vicki and I knew she wouldn't be very happy.

"Kevin." I called as I walked over to him just as he was dismissing some of my members. "Do you know where Vicki is?" I asked and crossed my arms. "I hope she calmed down between now and when she left." I said and chuckled.