Shade & Plasmasonic (S.O.S.)#17: Disenchant

CUT TO: THE REALM OF IHIOSADORE

EXT. ROCKY LOWLANDS - NOON

TO̅MI, AMERETH, AND SHADE TRAVEL TOGETHER THROUGH A ROCKY LOWLAND. SHADE EXAMINES THE LANDSCAPE AS THEY WALK AND GLANCES TOWARD TO̅MI. TO̅MI WHO SEEMS TO BE ENJOYING THE SCENERY ALSO NOTICES SHADE'S GLANCE AND LOOKS AT HIM WITH A CURIOUS EXPRESSION.

[To̅mi]

What? Is there something on me?

[Shade]

No... my bad.

[To̅mi]

Oh, okay.

SHADE NOTICES SOMETHING OUT OF THE CORNER OF HIS EYE AND GLANCES TO HIS LEFT WITH A SUSPICIOUS EXPRESSION. AFTER A FEW SECONDS OF EXAMINING THE TERRAIN, SHADE TRIPS ON A ROCK AND QUICKLY CATCHES HIMSELF TRYING NOT TO FALL OVER.

[Amereth]

Be careful. This particular stretch will get a lot more treacherous in a while.

[Shade]

Got it.

AFTER A FEW MORE SECONDS' GLANCE AT THE AREA, HE WAS LOOKING AT BEFORE, SHADE DISMISSES HIS SUSPICION.

[Shade]

Mrs. Andrei?

[Amereth]

Yes?

[Shade]

Quick question, what do you think Dawn Breaker supposes you-know-who can do about any of this?

[Amereth]

It's a really good question. As a noble elf... her strength eclipses that of all elves in existence. She is, theoretically, comparable to a demigod. Manipulating the forces of the ether to power herself, there's very little she couldn't do if she applied herself.

[To̅mi]

Which begs the question as to why she would have gone into self-exile.

[Amereth]

I feel as though you may know the answer, To̅mi.

[To̅mi]

If I do, the thought has eluded me.

AMERETH TAKES A FEW SECONDS TO COMPOSE HER THOUGHTS.

[Amereth]

Our relationship as mother and daughter is often plagued with choices and ultimatums, wouldn't you agree?

[To̅mi]

Yes, I would say that's accurate.

[Amereth]

Well, I would say the ties between people groups are even more strenuous. While we are family, exorbitantly tied to one another through blood, there are no such pleasantries binding one group of people to another. If ultimatums are the only solution outside of conflict, there will always be turmoil. Each party wants to feel as though they have gained something in their bid for living. Anything less could very much seem like just surviving. She had to navigate those tensions to attempt to find true peace or risk an even greater surplus of division.

[Shade]

Do you really think she could do it? Is it possible that after all this time, she found at least a kindling of an answer?

[Amereth]

I'm not certain that I could provide an answer. After all, time has passed. There's likely even greater cause for strife in her absence than ever before. Then again, it's greed, gluttony, and gall that seek to embolden the flames of resentment. Maybe it's too much even for her.