III

Our lord Buddha, see something dark in this house. The new relationship might cause disaster for both the families….” An old man dressed as a priest said loudly as he stood outside Arayat’s mansion.

The madam and Nalin came running out of the house in worry, Rain came a few minutes later. Shan was at court while Khun Arayat was at his shop. The Madam welcomes the man believing he’s the priest.

The priest's face was covered in a big veil, he had a calm and elegant aura surrounding him. The priest seems to be an old man who still stood and walked straight for his age.

“Is this the guy Sky arranged?” Rain whispered in surprise, the old man’s appearance was to the point and he was carrying a tiny cloth bag.

“Master, we heard you say something about the disaster..” Madam asked in worry, while Nalin and Rain sat behind her.

“Your daughter is destined to doom if her engagement isn’t broken…” The priest announced, everyone was startled except Rain who was amazed by the priest 's acting.

“Master… what are you saying?!” Nalin asked in worry. Madam quickly told the maids to inform Khun Arayat and Shan to return home.

“The unity of you and your fiancé is marked by dark stars, after marriage both families will experience death of the youngest member of their family” The priest explains, at the same time Sky’s mom entered with Tan and heard about it.

Madam quickly grabbed both her children’s hands in panic while Sky’s mother did the same. She grabbed Tan’s hand in fear.

Tan was chill while Nalin turned pale after listening to the priest who continues, “Your fiancé has dark mourning energy surrounding him while you having bright one. Instead of balancing each other, Your fiancé’s yin will overshadow your yang energy… your fiancé was born on the night of No moon, right?”

Everyone turned to look at Sky’s mom who nodded in disbelief, everyone became quiet and soon Khun Arayat, Shan, Sky and Sky’s father also came. The priest repeated everything again to them while Rain went to Sky’s side and whispered

“How did you do that?! Damn, this priest’s acting is so cool..” Sky hushed Rain and told him listen quietly

“Is there a way to avoid this? I can’t risk my both children’s life” Madam said in worry as she begs the priest who closes his eyes to meditate.

“Cancel this marriage..”

“What?!” Nalin whispered in shock while others felt it was right decision

Nalin looked at everyone in shock as they seemed to agree with the priest and spoke, “Before engagement, our stars were aligned. Maybe after some ritual or ceremony, we can avoid it? Is there a possibility, Master?”

“Stars change once two lives come together, that’s why we make deviation after engagement not before. There might be a chance for the star to change its path but that’s very risky..” Priest replied calmly

“We will take the risk, right, Sky?” Nalin looks at Sky with expectation while Sky was dumbfounded, he wasn’t gonna give up his chance to free himself from this marriage

“Sky might agree but I won’t! This is not just about your and Sky’s life! My Tan’s life would be in danger too! I can’t lose both my children just for marriage..” Sky’s mom interrupted Nalin

“I agree! Even if there are possibilities, risking others' lives isn’t something sane..” Madam spoke up in fear

“But..” Nalin looked at Sky who sighs and spoke finally, “If our union isn’t auspicious, we should avoid it. We don’t wish our marriage to be cursed..”