I

The beautiful yet miserable looking young woman silently walks down the stairs with a calm face yet her eyes appear dead. Meanwhile, on the top of the stairs stood an equally beautiful woman with a wicked smile as she watched the other woman carried away by guards.

The woman stops and turns around to look towards the throne where her former husband sat with a hateful look on his face. She smiles sadly as she looks at him then at her older sister who was supported by her husband, “…. You were my sister yet you caused me the most grievous pain…”

“You brought it upon yourself, Warain… you choose this pain for yourself…” The older sister spoke in a sobbing voice as she leaned closer to husband with a sad look.

“Enough! Guards! Throw this scheming woman out! Now!” The king stood up and ordered angrily.

                        “The fuck?! The fuck?! What the Fuck I just read?! All of them! Every single one of them are fucking stupid!” Rain shouted in disbelief as he slammed his phone on the bed and started punching the pillow.

Sky, who was working assignments, looked in Rain’s direction and rolled his eyes before taking off his glasses. Rain looks at his best friend and cries, “Sky?! How can someone believe that scheme woman?! Poor female lead! This ending is so unsatisfactory!”

“…that's called fiction, Rain. Shut up…” Sky said in a dull voice as he finished his assignment and stretched his body.

“Her own stupid husband believed her older sister! Fuck! The king was so handsome but had no brain!” Rain complained again as he started punching the pillow imagining it as King.

“Tomorrow we have midterms, they won’t ask you how and who killed the female lead or how miserable her life was…” Sky reminded Rain who completely ignored him.

“Sky! You’re not understanding!! There should be justice for such pitiful characters! Like authors should write rebirth or transmigration!” Rain said thoughtfully as he continues, “If I was transmigrated to such a novel, I will completely change the character’s life and avenge them!”

“Really?! How about you change your own life..” Sky walks towards Rain and then grabs his jaw as he continues, “If you fail the exams, it will reflect on your resume! No big company will hire you and then you will be begging on the streets. I will definitely tip you handsomely..”

Rain pouts making Sky let go of Rain who rubs his jaw which started to ache due to rough treatment.

“Alright! Alright! Stop throwing tantrums, let’s go to sleep..” Sky said as he moved towards bed.

“How can I sleep after reading this?! I’m going to curse the author!” Rain said as he picked up the phone. Sky shook his head before climbing on the bed and pushing Rain, luckily Rain avoided falling down and stared at Sky in shock.

“How could you?! You are acting just like an evil sister..” Rain whines but Sky lays on his side and closes his eyes, “Yes, yes… keep complaining and I might kick you out of my apartment instead..”

Rain became quiet as he looked down and started pulling the bedsheet threads in disappointment. Sky sighs and turns around and pats the space next to him, “How about you tell me what happened? Lay down”

Rain looks up at Sky and grins before laying down next to Sky and animatedly starts telling him about the plot. In the middle of the story, Rain falls asleep and Sky sighs in relief as he covers them with a blanket and can finally sleep peacefully.