Chapter 7 The kidnappings

"Let's go do something," Jean jumped up, "We need to try and forget about this psycho for the day."

Just then, the door opened and Marcus and Jacob walked in.

"Hey Kali," Jacob greeted me.

"Hey how are things?" I hugged him.

"Good I'm glad you're doing better. It's been a rough week for you, first the beach, then the engagement and now your fight." Jacob just laid it all out.

"I'm guessing you talked to Mark?"

He nodded.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He will be fine," Jean interrupted. "What do you say let's head out to lake sixteen?"

I smiled, "Let's go."

We all left within fifteen minutes. On the way there I got a call from unknown, I chose to ignore it. I also got a few text's from Mark asking me if I was ok, I ignored them as well.

When we got there we headed to the dock. Everyone started cracking out beers and getting ready to swim. I really needed a cigarette but did not want anyone to hassle me.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I told the group.

"I'll walk you there," Jean said. He had always been looking out for me, like my big brother.

"No really I'll be ok," I got up and started walking from the dock.

"Don't fall in," Allison laughed.

"I won't," I laughed too. It was about half a mile to the restroom, but I wanted to be out of sight.

When I finally reached the bathroom I lit a cigarette and took a long drag. I felt my cell phone in my pocket I looked and seen it was unknown.

I answered my phone, "What!?" I was pissed.

"Watch out," the voice said and hung up.

I looked around. Was he here? I did not see anyone but felt something hit my leg. I cried out and fell to the ground. I looked at my leg and realized it was a tranquilizer dart. I passed out.

About fifteen minuits had passed and the group went looking for Kali.

"Kali where are you?" Jean yelled out.

"Kali?" Allison started yelling.

When they reached the bathroom they saw her phone lying on the ground.

"Oh god where is she?" Marcus said.

"Call the police." Jacob said frantically.

Marcus called the police.

[Marks POV]

I was sitting there thinking about Kali and wishing she were here. I should have just agreed with her and not flipped out, I thought. My phone rang it was Jean.

"Hello?"

I heard heavy breathing, "I'm so sorry man, Kali's missing." His voice was panicky.

"What the fuck do you mean?" I jumped off the couch, grabbed my keys and hurried to the jeep. My head was spinning.

"We all went to Lake Sixteen, she said she was going to the bathroom, I was gonna walk her their but she insisted to go alone. I should have went with her."

"Are you fucking serious? Where are you?"

"Still at the lake, the police are on their way."