Chapter 2: The calls begin

(I hoped you guys liked the 1st part. Let me know what you think so far please)

  It had been a few months since me and Mark had started over. After a few weeks we moved in together. There had been no fights, or hostility toward each other, and we were getting along great.

  It was a Monday and I had to bartend tonight, Mark was out with Jean for the day, so after I got ready, I jumped in my truck and called Mark on the way.

  "How was your visit with Jean?" I asked him.

  "It was good, played some old music together. I had an interesting conversation with him too."

  "About what?"

  "Just giving you a heads up about something, cause Allison doesn't want you to know yet."

  "Oh gosh what is it?" I pulled into work.

  "They got engaged the other day."

  "Really! I'm so excited for them! Damn she was waiting to tell me?"

  "She will eventually. Now that they are getting married... when are you going to put back on your ring?"

  I heard a tap on my truck window, it was my boss, and he did not look happy.

  "I have to go babe, boss wants me in."

  Mark sighed, "Just quit already. I told you already that I will take care of everything."

  "Babe I like to work. I'll call you on break."

  "Ok, I love you and see you later, or maybe I'll come with the band to visit?"

  "That would be nice, tell them I said hi. I love you too, bye."

  I hurried into work, the bar full as usual. I threw on my apron, started greeting people and taking drink orders. For the next few hours I kept feeling my phone vibrating in my pocket. Finally on break I checked my phone and seen five missed calls from an blocked number. I was worried so I started to listen to the voicemails. The voice was disguised, like the one from Scream. It sent chills down my spine.

  "You whore I'm coming for you, watch your back." The first one said. Is this a joke, I started to get angry.

  "You stupid bitch, you made Mark leave foster the people, you ruined the band and you ruined his life. Payback is a bitch, you might as well kill yourself before I get to you! Worthless bitch." After the 2nd one ended I was frightened and decided to not even listen to the next ones.  

  I was in shock. How did this crazy person get my phone number and why were they threatening me? I decided to just let it go for now, I didn't want to upset myself more, or to have to tell Mark and ruin his time with his band mates while they were visiting.

  When I came back from break I saw Mark sitting at the bar, a few people were asking for his autograph, which was normal. He looked up and smiled at me. His smile killed me every time, his eyes felt like they were peering into my soul.

  "Hi hunny."

  "Kali, pleased to meet you acquaintance," he joked.

  "Coke?" I asked.

  "And a menu."

  I handed him his drink and a menu, "I'm sorry I did not call you on break, Sara called," I lied knowing my other friend Sara was working.

  He started to talk to me but my boss interrupted.

  "Kali, the other side needs drinks, come on!" He was angry.