Chapter 10 Unexpected

I woke up maybe a few hours later. It was dark. I could not see anything, but I could hear Ed's breathing and Mark's snoring. I started to move to the edge of the bed.

"Mark? Ed?" I whispered, trying not to be to loud.

"Kali?" I heard Mark mutter.

"Baby are you ok?" I asked. I smiled even though he couldn't see it, I was just happy to hear his voice.

"I'm fine," I heard him sit up. "How are you? I'm so worried about you. I wish I could lay next to you."

"I'm doing better, and I wish you could too."

I heard the man coming downstairs. Just great I thought. I saw the lights flicker on.

He looked over at Mark and Ed. Ed was rubbing his eyes. Derek walked toward me.

"How's your arm?"

I sat there for a moment, "It feels better."

"Come upstairs with me," he grabbed my wrist.

"Please no, I want to stay here," I tried to pull my arm from his grip, there was no use.

"Don't hurt her," Mark yelled to him.

"Don't worry; it's not up to you." Derek laughed.

"Don't you think you have done enough?" I heard Ed chime in. Derek ignored him.

"What are you going to do?" I asked him.

"It's all what you decide, and how you behave. For now I'm trying to help."

I was still feeling numb and my body was so weak, after a few steps up the stairs I felt as if I could not walk.

"Damnit," he grabbed my waist and wrapped his arms around my stomach to carry me.

When we got upstairs I looked around at his home. It was a log cabin, there were a few dead animals hanging on the wall, no pictures, a big TV and lots of dark furniture. I could see out the window and realized a bunch of trees surrounded us. We were probably deep in the woods, with no neighbors close by.

He grip was tight and I let out a cry. He sat me on the bed and unraveled the wrap and gauze that had been on my arm. He put some kind of antibiotic cream on my arm and rewrapped it. He walked out of the room for a few moments. I sat there looking around. There was a big television on his dresser. His bed was king size and made neatly. He walked back in smiling. His smile was devilish.

He pushed me back on the bed and started to pull off my gown. I laid there trying not to pay attention to what was about to happen. I was about to mentally check out, but decided if I wanted to gain his trust and trick him into liking me then I had better just go along with it. I would try and make him care for me. I had my baby to think about and I needed to be smart.

Instead of getting on top of me, he laid next to me. I was shaking very bad. I looked over at him, studying him. He was a very attractive man, but he was psychotic and maybe bi-polar. He was looking at me too.

"I wish Mark had not left the band," he said calmly. I decided at this point he had to be bi-polar or have multiple personality disorder. He was being nice.

"He's actually going to finish his last album," my voice was shaky. "He said a few years from now he may actually tour again."

"But it's your fault he stopped. You caused him to stop. He started drinking heavily because of what you did. He messed up his life for you!" He seemed angry again.

He scooted closer to me and put the blanket on top of us. He reached for the remote and turned on the television. The news was on.

The news had showed Mark, Ed, and my picture. I heard the news crew talking about us missing and that they have been looking for us. They were asking people to help in our search. I heard theory's of what they thought happened to us. Most of which were false. I saw my mother on there crying. I started to tear up. Was I ever going to see her again? I was finally going to give her a grandchild. Derek turned off the news.