Chapter 9 The rape

Hours went by. We all talked about strategies to try and escape. We talked about old memories and Ed apologized to Mark for the past. Awhile after we heard the door open. I looked over and saw the man come down the stairs.

He looked over at me, "Please mister, I need to pee," I begged.

"If you do anything stupid, you will get hurt," he threatened me.

I felt him untie my arms, I put them on my lap. I wanted him to know I was not going to do anything. When he untied my legs every inch of my body wanted to kick the shit out of him. I resisted since I had my baby to think about. He pulled my arm and led me to a small room inside the basement. The light switched on and I saw a toilet and stand up shower. He did not close the door, but he did look the other way. Trying to please him I walked back and laid on the bed. I was assuming he would tie me back up, but he left me on the bed.

"Take off your clothes," he walked over to the bed.

"No, please," I begged.

He walked over to Mark and pulled a gun from his pocket. He pointed it in Mark's face.

"Take them off!" this time he yelled. His voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Kali, don't," I heard Mark say. I ignored him and took off my gown. I was in my underwear and bra.

He walked over to me and pushed me backwards and pulled down my underwear.

"Please," I begged.

"Once a whore always a whore," he snickered and pulled down his pants. He sat the gun down and pulled a hunters knife from his pants that were on the ground. He set the knife next to me and pulled my legs down and inserted himself inside me.

"No!" I screamed.

"Get the fuck off her!" Mark yelled.

"This is your fault Mark," he said continuing to thrust inside me. "You should not have came back for her."

After a few moments I could not bear it anymore and I started to scream and cry.

"Shut the fuck up!" the man yelled and picked up his knife.

"No!" I felt a small slice on my arm.

I heard Mark and Ed yelling out. I fell silent and in shock. My arm was bleeding badly. I felt him finish inside me. Tears were running down my face. I felt him get off me and I opened my eyes.

"If you wouldn't have screamed you would not have gotten hurt." He got off me and pulled up his pants. He threw a towel at me, "Clean yourself up."

I felt disgusted with myself. I felt myself in shock and the words this cannot be happening kept repeating in my head. I finally snapped back into reality and started to cry. I heard my stomach growling again, the man turned to me.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

I nodded crying still. I made sure not to look at him. He hurried up the stairs, his footsteps pounding each step he took. I tied the towel around my wound.

"I'm so sorry Kali." Mark sounded upset.

I just sat there and did not speak a word.

The man came back downstairs awhile later and threw a bag onto the floor. He walked back up the stairs and locked the door behind him. I got up and walked toward the bag.

"Be careful Kali," Mark said.

"Slide it over here, I'll open it," Ed told me.

I slid it over, and Ed used his free hand to unzip the bag. I watched carefully as Ed opened the bag.

"Its food he said," I walked over and looked in the bag. There were a few sandwiches, chips and water bottles, each of us grabbed one of each.

"Come here and let me see," Mark grabbed my good arm. I let out a small cry as he opened the towel. "It's really bad, you need stitches babe. It's still bleeding a little."

"I'm fine," I pulled my arm back, still in shock. I walked over to the bed and ate my sandwich. I just felt I wanted to be alone. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

"Kali May, you need stitches!" Mark yelled over at me.

Just then the man came back downstairs. "What all the yelling for?" he asked angrily.

"Sir please my fiancée needs stitches, she's...," he paused. "She's anemic, and she's lost a lot of blood."

Mark was right. I started to feel lightheaded.

The man walked back upstairs.

"Kali do not tell him you're pregnant. We don't know what he could do to you," Mark whispered. "We don't know if it will make things worse."

I nodded my head agreeing. The room started to spin now.

"Mark," I whispered, and then passed out.

When I woke up I could hear Mark and Ed yelling. I saw the man next to me, I felt him shaking me. I looked into his piercing blue eyes, mine filled with tears. He looked sympathetic surprisingly. I can break him, I thought again.

"I'm sorry you lost so much blood, but from now on you need to cooperate with me ok?"

I nodded and he handed me some orange juice.

"I'm going to stitch you up the best I can ok? I will inject some numbing pain medicine if you would like?"

I nodded again and looked him in his eyes, "What's your name?"

"Derek."

"Ok Derek, please be careful," I smiled weakly. I was trying to be as nice as possible.

I felt the needle go into my arm. The liquid was flowing in. After a few minutes, half of my body felt numb, but my whole body felt a buzz. I did not watch him stitch my arm, I probably would have passed out if I looked over. I had barely felt him stitching me up. When it was over he handed me some water.

"I'll give you some medicine to rest," he said. I watched as he crumpled up a pill into the rest of my juice. He sat next to me making sure I would drink it. "Goodnight Kali."

I looked around and saw Mark and Ed.

"Goodnight," I whispered.