Chapter 8 The meet

When I woke up I found myself in the dark. I tried to move my hands and realized that one of my hands were handcuffed to something attached to the wall and the other one was free.

"Where am I?" I called out, "Hello?"

"In hell," a voice close to me spoke quietly.

"Who is that?" I called out.

"It's Ed," the voice sounded weak.

"Ed, what have you done with Kali, you son of a bitch!"

"Relax dude, I'm hand cuffed just like you."

Just then the lights came on, it took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the light. I looked to the side and saw Ed a little ways down. He was handcuffed, his clothes were dirty and he had a black eye. I heard a muffled cry and looked to the front of me. I looked in horror and seen my girlfriend lying on a hospital bed, she was in a hospital gown. She had rope around her hands and legs, and a white cloth stuffed in her mouth.

"Kali!" I cried out.

I could see her struggling. I saw her legs were all scraped up with dried blood.

"What is going on?" I turned to Ed.

"This fuck came out of nowhere in my backyard, and he punched me in the face, and tased me. I woke up here."

"How many days?" I kept my eyes glued to Kali, she was not moving.

"I think like two. I was here and then yesterday Kali was here. Today you are here."

I started to try to get out of the cuffs; I needed to check on Kali.

"No use," I heard the voice from the car.

"Why are we here?"

"You don't know me?" he asked.

"No."

"I'm one of your biggest fans. Of course you don't remember me, you have a lot of fans. I met you in Montreal in 2012 and again in Detroit in 2013."

"And why are you doing this?"

"You Mark are here because you left the band, and why you quit the band, well that sluts over there," he pointed to Kali. "I hate cheaters and I hate quitters. Ed you are here because you caused Mark and Kali's relationship to crumble and them to split. I used to love you're and Kali's relationship Mark, but she has to pay, and so does Ed, and you are along for the ride."

"They will find us, sooner or later," I raised my voice.

"Sure," the man said.

Kali moaned again. The man walked over toward her and took the cloth out of her mouth.

"Fuck you," she said immediately and spit in his face.

He laughed and wiped his face, "You're pretty when you're mad." I watched as he backhanded her across the face.

She let out a cry.

"Leave her alone, she's not part of this!" I yelled.

"She's the main part, the main event!" He laughed again and walked back up the stairs. There was a slam of the door and I heard a few clicks, I was guessing it was the locks.

The lights were left on. I looked over at Kali.

"I'm so sorry Kali, I should have listened to you," I said.

She gazed over at me, "It's fine," he voice was broken. I could hear tears in her voice. 

[Kali's POV]

I felt weak, and I still could not believe Mark and Ed were here. I still couldn't believe I was here. I was happy in a weird way that they were both there, but I still felt bad that they were involved in this horrible mess.

I can crack this guy, I thought. I felt my stomach growling. My little one growing inside had not eaten in at least 24 hours. I heard Mark and Ed talking, it sounded like they were talking calmly. I heard rattling of handcuffs. I felt what was binding me. The rope had my arms tied to the bedpost and my legs tied to each side. What was this creep going to do? Was he going to rape me? I tried to wiggle around but it was no use.

I pulled my head up a little to see Mark. I smiled weakly at him.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I've been better," I said.

"I just don't get it. This guy is doing this for the dumbest reasons," Ed blurted out and sighed. "Does anyone still have a phone?"

"No," me and Mark said in unison.