9

"You're up late." Leah comments as Diana finally gets out of bed at half past ten- which isn't all that late for most people, but for the blonde who usually gets up at most six it is.

A yawn escapes her throat as she curls up on the sofa next to the taller girl. "I had quite an eventful night yesterday, I thought I deserved a lie in." Diana replies, snuggling under the blanket that Leah has over her legs to try and conserve some warmth. She had forgotten just how cold it can get during autumn in Forks. It feels like half a life time ago since last autumn due to everything that's happened.

Due to the heat that Leah radiates, it's almost too hot under the blanket but she doesn't comment on it and instead decides to mention the surprise she has waiting for her. "I brought you home some cake, like you asked."

"You did?" Leah replies excitedly, to which Diana nods in response. "You're the best." She grins pulling the girl into a side hug.

"What are best friends for?" The blonde snickers. She glances outside, noticing the weather is looking particularly gloomy today. "There's more than enough in there for the both of us, why don't you get it out and we can have a movie day?" She suggests as neither of them have work due to it being the weekend.

They may have moved in together, but they haven't hung out like this in a while thanks to their jobs. Diana misses the old days where they would just enjoy each other's presence and watch a dozen different films and gossip with each other- rather than just complaining about the pricks at work.

Leah grins. "Sounds like a plan." She agrees, hopping off the sofa and going to grab their snacks. With the amount that the two of them having been eating at the moment, they've both almost eaten themselves out of a house so they've had to cut down on food. Usually that would mean popping to their parents' house for a meal or two.

She returns a few seconds later, with the cake in one hand and forks in the other. Two cans of Diet Coke rest under her arm before she drops them into Diana's hands. Leah takes a healthy spoonful from the impossibly large slice and motions for her friend to do the same.

"So, what are we watching?" Diana asks softly, wiping a bit of frosting away from the corner of Leah's lips.

-

The blonde's eyes snap open as she hears her phone vibrating on the coffee table in front of them. Her and Leah must have fallen asleep midway through their movie marathon. Diana's head is lead on the taller girl's lap, with her long arm wrapped around her waist.

She groans as she sits up, delicately removing Leah's arm away. The girl wipes her eyes tiredly as she snatches her phone up and looks at the name on the screen. Upon recognising the name, she stands up and walks over to the kitchen as to not wake up in the process.

"Hey, dad." Diana's groggy voice greets the man as she stifles a yawn. "What's up?"

Charlie's panicked voice comes out through the other end of the line. "Is Bella over at yours?" He asks her in a hurry.

Diana shakes her head, despite knowing that he can't see her. "No, I haven't seen her last night. Why?" A sinking feeling appears in her gut. The Cullen's are supposed to have left Forks, but what if they had done something to Bella before leaving? What if she had been stupid enough to go after them? What if... No she shouldn't assume the worst yet, any number of things could have happened to her.

"I can't find her and her phones in her room." Charlie tells her, shushing someone who tries to talk to him.

The blonde bites her lip, trying her best not to immediately assume that the worst case scenario has happened. "Have you tried Jessica and Angela?" She asks him. "I think I have their numbers on my phone somewhere from when we all went to Port Angeles."