14

"Hey, do you guys want to come see a movie tonight with me and my friends?" Bella asks the two girls when she gets back home from school.

The two of them are in their own little world, gossiping about one thing or another in the kitchen. Diana turns to face her sister with her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Your friends?"

"Yeah, from school." The brunette nods, acting like she has no idea why the two of them are looking at her like she's grown three heads. "We're going to see Face Punch."

Leah snorts upon hearing this. "You mean that awful action movie?" She glances over at Diana, who as you've probably guessed is all for the genre- or more accurately, criticising the stunts and fight scenes. "It could be fun."

"Yeah, maybe." Diana narrows her eyes at Bella, knowing that there's more to it than that. Her sister hardly ever goes out with anyone other than Jake and now her and her old friend group are suddenly going out to Port Angeles to watch a film that has received terrible reviews. "Does this have anything to do with Mike Newton?" She asks, hitting the nail on the head.

Bella sighs. "He invited me out to watch that romantic comedy that's playing, like just the two of us." She admits, mildly annoyed that she can never hide anything from her sister. As brash and impulsive as she can be, Diana can be great at reading people when she wants to. "Me and romance aren't exactly on amicable terms right now."

"What do you think?" Leah asks Diana with a grin. "Do you want to spend the evening being Bella's buffer?"

The blonde shrugs. "I guess it could be fun." She smirks before turning back towards Bella. "But you're paying for us."

"Why would I-" Bella begins, but she's quickly cut off by Diana.

"Because the only person that even remotely acts like a buffer between you and Mike in that friend group is Jessica- but even then she doesn't really do anything to stop him from putting his slimy little hands on you." Diana smirks, giving Bella a knowing look. The only reason that she is so insistent upon them going is that Diana and Leah will have no problem keeping the boy away from her if he tries to ask her out on a date or anything.

Leah picks up her keys from the table by the door. "I'm driving." She tells the two of them. "Don't forget to bring your purse Bella, snacks at the cinema cost a fortune." She and Diana snicker as they run out of the house and hop into the car.

-

"Oh my god." Diana laughs as they approach the cinema. "You're telling me that Angela, Eric and Jessica aren't coming?" She clings onto Leah's arm for support as the two of them chuckle hysterically at the situation that Bella has found herself in.

Leah wipes a stray tear from her face. "So it's us, Jake and Mike Newton?" Somehow, the situation Bella was in has gotten even worse.

"Yes." The brunette nods awkwardly.

Diana looks over at her sister. "Tell me why you invited Jake on this first date turned group outing?" This might turn out to be one of the most amusing nights of her life, she's not even sure she wants to intervene when Mike tries to make a move purely just to see what unfolds.

It's no secret that Jake has been head over heels for Bella since she first came to Forks and his feelings have only deepened since they started hanging out nearly everyday. Leah and Diana probably won't even need to act as a buffer with him there, as he will most likely take matters into own hands before either of them even get the chance to.

The brunette shrugs. "It seemed like a good idea at the time." She admits bashfully. Inadvertently, she has planned the most awkward double- triple?- date known to man. Her pace quickens when she spots the two guys making conversation in front of the cinema. "There they are."