13 - Practice game! Or not-

You had black knee pads, black spandex shorts, and an oversized orange t-shirt showing you were playing libero. You checked your appearance one last time in the mirror, slightly fixing your waist-length hair before stepping out of the changing room – only to bump right into Tsukishima's back

--

'He smells so good...' was the first thing that crossed your mind, and you scrambled to push the thought away before you could lean in and take another breath.

He moved to the right and turned slightly to look at who had violated his bubble of space. His features softened ever so slightly as his gaze landed on you, realizing who it was that bumped into him.

"Watch where you're going next time, you're going to end up killing yourself being as careless as that."

You huffed out and with your arms crossed, started walking towards where most of the team was standing.

"Not my fault you were standing right in front of the change room doors.." you grumbled.

You heard a low chuckle behind you but it didn't stop your determined walk towards Suga. Although you did have to fight a bit of redness that was threatening to warm your cheeks; hearing his chuckle sent a shiver down your spine.

'..that was hot...'

Noya appeared beside you jumping up and down in excitement, your eyes followed his movements as a smile played on your lips.

"(L/N) you're going to love Nekoma! They are such a good team and so much fun to play with! Though we do have a bit of a rivalry with the school... but our practice games are always so much fun!!!"

The slight word vomit was a lot to handle but his energy was contagious as you suddenly wanted to jump straight into a match.

"I know I'm so excited to play against them!" you responded, imitating his glowing energy.

The two of you made it to where the rest of the team was gathering, and once everyone was there, Daichi started talking.

He went over the general strengths and weaknesses of Nekoma, what works against them, as well as your team's current strategy and finally, the starting lineup. Afterwards he sent everyone off to stretch, warm up, and start practice drills while waiting for Nekoma.

You weren't on the starting lineup, and though excitement was coursing through your veins, you weren't disappointed. It was your first game on this team, and not starting right away gives you a chance to analyze the opposing team in your own right, as well as how Karasuno likes to play.

Gently lowering yourself to the floor, you stretched every muscle in your body, holding it for a few seconds before moving on to the next one.

Once finished, you got up and grabbed a volleyball from a nearby cart before swirling it in your hands and debating what drill to do.

"Need a practice buddy?"

You were startled, not having heard Tsukishima approaching you from behind. Your cheeks tinted the slightest amount pink, a shiver running down your spine at his voice. You turned to face him and he wore his signature taunting smirk, with his arms crossed against his chest.

"Sure, why not... What did you have in mind?" You weren't sure what the plan was, so you let him take the lead on this one.

"Well, I was thinking something like you set, I spike, you receive and aim to either your left or right - I'll call it out each time - and I catch?"

"Sooo peppering with a twist," you questioned, nodding along to his description.

"........yeah pretty much.." he had a slight flush of embarrassment and it was probably one of the cutest things you have ever seen.