X: Inception

San's POV

The elevator doors open and the first person I recognise is the host of the party, I walk up to him, and he recognises me too, 'Choi San, I didn't expect to see you here, you never show up to parties'

'I have my reasons', I smile at him, then look at the 'reason', being the cute boy next to me.

Wooyoung is looking around, then his face turns to the host, both of them awkwardly staring into each other's eyes.

Do they know each other?

I keep the friendly act; I'll find out what's happening between the two of them later and introduce them to each other.

'This is Wooyoung, Woo, this is Jackson, the host of the party'

Wooyoung forces a smile at him, and he does the same thing, before Jackson says, 'Should we get a table?'

'Sure'

The three of us walk through the crowd, towards the back of the huge space, before sitting down at the table and starting a conversation.

'How's business going?'

'It's fine, there were some... troubles... but I got rid of them', he looks at Woo again, who seems uncomfortable.

I'm really starting to wonder what's going on here, but I keep acting, 'Mine is going fine too, also with some troubles'

'Tell me about it'

'It's my brother, he's trying to threaten me into dropping a deal'

Jackson chuckles, 'You're not going to give into that, right? I know you, you're not a coward'

'I'm not even thinking about it'

'I have to go to the bathroom, where is it?', Wooyoung interrupts us.

'I'll come with you', Jackson gets up.

I don't trust him for one second and decide to follow them into an empty hallway, where Jackson stops Wooyoung, without seeing me.

'I'm sorry, Wooyoung, for overreacting. Please still let us be friends, or whatever we were before'

'I- '

'But don't stay with Choi San', I hear him say and my anger starts to grow, 'That man doesn't have a heart'

'So, I just have to come back to you? How do I know you're not heartless either?'

I see Jackson come closer to Wooyoung, the small boy flinching away, clearly uncomfortable.

The anger turns into pure rage and before I know it, I've ran up to Jackson and my hand is around his neck, pressing him into the wall behind him.

'San!', I hear Wooyoung's voice behind me, but I'm so blinded by my rage I don't pay attention.

'What were you going to do with him?'

'Nothing, I swear'

If anyone knows how dangerous I am, it has to be him. He's in the same kind of business than me, but I know he's much more careful, making him nothing compared to me.

'San, please don't', I now notice the soft voice behind me, and I loosen my grip.

I don't want to be that heartless, at least not for Wooyoung to see.

But the moment I loosen my grip in Jackson, he tries to escape, managing to push my hand away and landing a punch on my face. I really lose any bit of temper I had left and punch him in the stomach.

He practically folds in pain, but manages to stammer a few more words, 'I warned you, he's heartless'

I grab Wooyoung's hand and the only thing I'm thinking of right now is getting him out of here. We're almost running out, making some heads turn but I don't care, speeding into the elevator, where I start questioning him.

'How do you know him?'

'Uh, we met at a jjimjilbang'

'When'

'A few months ago,'

'Did you know he's in the mafia too?'

'He is?'

'What was your relationship with him?'

'We were friends'

The elevator door opens, and we walk towards my car.

'Don't lie to me'

'We fucked'

'Anything else you need to tell me?'

I open the car door for him, and he gets in.

'No'

'I said don't lie to me', I close his door and walk up to mine.

'He asked me to be his boyfriend, I said no, he became angry, and we split up, and why do you need to know all of this anyway?'

I say the first thing that comes to mind, regretting it while I'm talking, 'Because I have feelings for you, Jung Wooyoung'

Two minutes of silence. I start the car.

'Then why did you abandon me?', he asks with a frail voice.

'Because I was scared to hurt you', my strong voice breaks into a softer one, surprising Wooyoung.

I'm not driving to his apartment, or the building he knows, and Wooyoung notices it, looking around stressed.

'We're going to my apartment'

Wooyoung's POV

Confused is an understatement right now, and I try to convince myself this is real, but it's not working. I'm left gazing out of the window on the drive to San's apartment.

So, Jackson's a mafia boss too? And San is in love with me? What on earth is going on? What is he going to do to me in his apartment?

Before I know it, he drives into an underground parking lot, and I catch myself staring at his face before awkwardly looking away and getting out of the car. San comes after me and leads me into the elevator, noticeably nicer than before.

For the first time, I actually feel safe with San, he puts his hand on my shoulder, and it feels comfortable there. The elevator door opens, and San unlocks the door of his apartment. It looks expensive, black, and gold details everywhere, a huge chandelier dangling from the ceiling.

The soft, warm light makes the place kind of cozy, and I sit down on the black leather couch. I look around, noticing the giant shelves of expensive drinks behind glass doors. The floors are black marble, the walls are decorated with beautiful mirrors.

San sits down next to me, looking into my eyes and I'm taken away by his beautiful face.

'Please forgive me, Wooyoung, for everything I've done. I didn't know how much you mean for me because I've never loved someone'

I can see it in his eyes, he means it.

His hand touches my face and tears swell in my eyes. I feel his lips on mine, only now noticing how soft they actually are, and I enjoy his soft hand on my neck, pulling me closer, my hand grabbing the other.

Butterflies. I have feelings for him too.