eighteen🩸

Jaeyun sat in the royal hospital with his family, his entire body tense with anxiety

Jaeyun sat in the royal hospital with his family, his entire body tense with anxiety. Every second felt like an eternity as he waited for news about Miyeon. The guilt gnawed at him, twisting his insides as he replayed the moment over and over in his mind. He could still taste her blood, the sensation haunting him.

Finally, the nurse emerged from the hospital room, her expression calm. "She'll be okay," she said, offering a small smile. "But she'll need a blood transfusion to regain her strength. She's resting tonight, so you can come back tomorrow to check on her."

Relief flooded through Jaeyun, his shoulders sagging as he exhaled deeply. She was going to be alright. But even with the good news, the weight of his actions still bore heavily on him. The journey back to the castle was filled with silence. No one spoke, the air thick with unspoken tension.

When they reached the castle, Jaeyun's friends were waiting for him, their faces filled with concern after seeing Jaeyun run off like that and leaving them in the forest. Jungwon was the first to ask, "What happened?" But before Jaeyun could explain, Jungwoo stepped in, his voice dripping with malice.

"Jaeyun drank Miyeon's blood and nearly killed her."

His friends' eyes widened in shock, disbelief settling in their expressions. Jaeyun's fists clenched, his body shaking with anger. "I—" he started, ready to explain that Jungwoo had attacked her first. But before he could, his parents silenced him, their faces twisted with rage.

"Enough!" his father shouted. "We don't want to hear your excuses, Jaeyun. This is unacceptable!"

His mother's eyes were cold, disappointment clear in her gaze. "How could you be so reckless?"

Jaeyun's throat tightened. Of course, they didn't want to hear him out. They never did. They always took his older brother's side, always favoured him.

Feeling a surge of anger, frustration, and hurt, Jaeyun turned on his heel and stormed upstairs. He slammed his bedroom door shut, the echo reverberating through the halls. His heart pounded in his chest, his mind spinning with everything that had just happened.

 He leaned against the door, sliding down until he was sitting on the floor, burying his head in his hands. He had almost lost Miyeon, and now, it felt like everything around him was crumbling.

Jaeyun sat in his room, his mind racing with everything that had just happened. Hours passed, but the weight of his parents' anger and the chaos with Miyeon hung heavily over him. He stayed in his darkened room until he heard a knock at the door. It was his mother.

"Your father and I would like to have a chat with you," she said, her tone firm and harsh. Jaeyun hesitated for a moment before getting up, following his mother reluctantly down the hall to his parents' bedroom.

As he entered, his eyes immediately landed on Jungwoo, seated casually in one of the armchairs, a smug look playing on his lips. Jaeyun's stomach twisted, and he frowned. "Why is he here?" he asked, his voice tense with frustration.