Chapter 7

On the beach, Blaine lies on his back, unconscious, with Kurt leaning over him. Scuttle lands beside them.

Dick: Is he - dead?

Scuttle opens Blaine's eyelids.

Scuttle: It's hard to say. (Scuttle puts his head up against Blaine's foot.) Oh, I - I can't make out a heartbeat.

Dick: No, look! He's breathing. (moving his hair from his face) He's so, beautiful. (singing) What would I give
To live where you are?
What would I pay
To stay here beside you?
What would I do to see you
Smiling at me? (Alfred and Flounder have washed up. They watch as Dick caresses Angelica's cheek and sings longingly. Alfred drops his jaw in disbelief and Scuttle closes it.) Where would we walk?
Where would we run?
If we could stay all day in the sun?
Just you and me
And I could be
Part of your world

The sun parts through the gray clouds and Blaine's eyes flutter open as she touches Kurt's hand, only seeing his waist up. He watches as the golden sunlight lights up behind him. Max barks and runs to lick his face. Cooper approaches and he dives into the water.

Cooper: Blaine! Oh, Blaine. You really delight in these sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?

Cooper helps Blaine up and he shakes his head.

Blaine: A boy - rescued me... He was - singing... he had the most - beautiful voice.

Cooper: Ah, bro, I think you've swallowed a bit too much seawater. Off we go. Come on, Max.

Max stands in the water, barking towards Kurt and his friends.

Will: (to Pavarotti) We just gotta forget this whole thing ever happened. Burt will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him. I will stay in one piece.

Kurt: (singing) I don't know when
I don't know how
But I know something's starting right now
Watch and you'll see
Some day I'll be
Part of your world

Kurt hoists himself upon a rock to watch Blaine leave. Behind him, Flotsam and Jetsam rise from the water. Sue watches Kurt through a magical bubble.

Sue: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. I can't stand it - it's too easy. The child is in love with a human. And not just any human - a prince! (sarcastically) His daddy'll love that. Burt's headstrong, lovesick son would make a charming addition to my little garden.

Attached to the floor, hundreds of sad shriveled creatures squirm and shake. Sue laughs evilly.