Chapter 17

Back on the shore, Blaine lies on the beach and Kurt gazes from a distance seated on a rock. Burt and Will look on.

Burt: He really does love her, doesn't he, Will?

Will nods.

Will: Well, it's like I always say, Your Majesty. Children got to be free to lead their own lives.

Burt: You - always say that? (sighs) Then I guess there's just one problem left.

Will: And what's that, Your Majesty?

Burt: How much I'm going to miss him.

Will looks up at Burt. Burt's trident glows and he touches it to the water. It forms a glowing golden path to Kurt. He looks down, surprised as his tail glows and smiles at his father. Blaine wakes up and sees Kurt rising from the water, wearing a shimmering purple suit. He walks towards him, arms open wide, on legs. Blaine runs to him and he twirls him around. Their lips meet in a kiss, which fades into their wedding day. Max jumps up between them and licks them. Guests on the ship cheer. Carlotta cries and uses Cooper's handkerchief as a napkin. In the ocean, merpeople gather around the ship and wave. Burt and Kurt's siblings smile and wave. Scuttle brings Pavarotti up to the side of the ship. Scuttle flaps away and winks. Kurt kisses him and pats Scuttle's head. On the wedding cake, Will sits between two cake toppers of Kurt and Blaine. He hugs them, smiling tearfully. Suddenly, he sees Louis raising a knife over him. He jumps off and the chef cuts the cake in half. He scampers down the walkway as Louis throws a knife at him and chases him around the deck. Will snips a rope with his claw and a wooden beam swings into Louis' face. His teeth fall out and he collapses. Will jumps into the water between Scuttle and Flounder.

Will: Yes, (bowing) Thank you, thank you.

On the ship, Kurt looks over the railing at his father. A fountain of water raises him up and they hug.

Kurt: I love you, Dad.

Behind them, Blaine bows to Burt. Burt nods. Touching Kurt's cheek, Burt returns to the water. Kurt blows him a kiss. Blaine steps up and Kurt slips his arm through him.

Chorus: Now we can walk,
Now we can run,
Now we can stay all day in the sun.
Just you and me,
And I can be,
Part of your world.

In the water, Burt sweeps his trident in the air, forming a sparkling rainbow in the sky. The merpeople wave as the ship sails off and they dive below the water. Kurt and Blaine kiss as the screen fades to black.