37: together

Nila's hand searched for her phone and tapped the phone into snooze

Nila's hand searched for her phone and tapped the phone into snooze. For some strange reason, it felt like this wasn't the first time she was doing it that morning. A little crease formed on her forehead but when Vijay made a low groan by her side, she curled back into him and relaxed, a satisfied smile taking over her face. And Nila slept. Her head on her boyfriend's chest, deliciously wrapped in his firm arms while his palm rested on her back, underneath her shirt. Or his shirt. That she stole from him and let him borrow temporarily. Maybe she should just call it hers now.

Although the summer break ended, the summer sun seemed to be having other plans. It was fucking hot. The useless ceiling fan spun hot air around. The air conditioner at 18 Celsius was like a mild cold breeze. And Vijay ran hot easily. So, he had to sleep half-naked every night which Nila didn't... mind. Actually, she loved it. She was deeply grateful for the situation. Because pressing her face to his warm skin, listening to his heartbeat, was the best way to go to sleep.

The alarm rang again. Nila groaned and grabbed her phone. The light came as a harsh slap to her face and she squinted as she tried to off the damn thing permanently. Then her eyes fell onto the glaring time.

"Fuck."

She slapped Vijay's arms, making him turn around and curl the other side. "Vijay, wake up. We are late. We missed the sunrise. It's past five-thirty."

"Let me just sleep then," he mumbled. She climbed over him, making him groan and hold her hips.

"No, wake up! We are going to the beach. This is our last day together. You promised me that we'll spend every minute together."

Vijay hid his eyes with his arm. "Yeah, but it's not like we'll never see each other. We're going to be taking the same bus to college every day."

"It's not the same!" She cradled his face and lightly tapped his cheeks. "Come on. At least open your eyes and look at me."

Vijay slid his arms up her spine and with one swift move, he flipped her so that she was under him. She gasped. "What do you want, silver?" he asked, his eyes wide open, staring into hers. His voice was hoarse and sent shivers down her spine.

"I want to go to the beach."

"Then that's what we'll do." He kissed her cheek.

"Yes!" Nila grinned.

"But just give me five minutes," he said, pulling the sheets over him. Nila rolled her eyes and kicked his leg before climbing out of the bed and moving to the washroom. She went through her routine quickly, choosing to come back and take a shower. The sand from the beach would make her desperately want to shower anyway. When she stepped out of the bathroom, Vijay was still bundled up. She marched over to him and snatched the sheets away from him.

"Fuck, silver," he groaned before sitting up and running his hands through his hair. "I told you to give me five minutes."

"It's been more than five minutes, you idiot," she said, balling the sheet and throwing it back at him. "Get your ass out of the bed. If not, I'm sure there will be other hot men in the beach today." With that, she walked out into the kitchen to make some coffee.