The Fight

The late morning air was brisk as Amari stood among a group of heroes at Berlin Airport, her Dora Milaje uniform a sharp contrast to the modern surroundings of concrete and steel. It had been a long night of preparation, and minimal sleep. She glanced at her brother, T'Challa, standing by her side, his Black Panther suit sleek and imposing. Beside them, Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Colonel James Rhodes, a vibranium synthezoid named Vision, and a kid in red and blue spandex—Spider-Man—completed the strange group tasked with stopping Captain Rogers and his team from leaving the country.

Tony Stark's voice cut through the tension. "Everybody knows what to do. I really hope this doesn't turn into a full-blown fight, but Cap's a stubborn idiot. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

Everyone nodded in agreement and dispersed to their positions. Amari watched the others take up their places, her grip tightening on her spear as she positioned, mentally preparing for what might come.

Minutes later, a familiar figure came into view. Captain Steve Rogers jogged toward a grounded helicopter on a private runway. The calm before the storm was palpable. Then, with a sudden burst of energy, an electro-disabler slammed onto the helicopter, stopping making the Captain stop in his tracks. Steve looked up as Iron Man and War Machine descended from the sky.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony's voice was dripping with sarcasm, his helmet reflecting the rising tension.

"Definitely weird," Rhodey added dryly, hovering beside him.

Steve's expression was tense but steady as he responded, "Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

Before Tony could respond, T'Challa leapt over a nearby truck, landing with a feline grace in his Black Panther suit. "Captain," he greeted, his voice calm but charged with purpose.

"Your highness," Steve replied respectfully, but his attention shifted as Amari came into view and stopped beside her brother, her Dora Milaje spear in hand.

"Princess," Steve said, nodding toward her.

Amari gave a small nod in return, her eyes steady but her muscles tense, ready for anything.

Tony sighed, impatience clear in his tone. "Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy, Tony," Steve tried to reason, his voice laced with urgency.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony shot back.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve countered, desperation in his voice. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

Natasha stepped forward, her eyes soft but firm. "Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

Tony's patience ran thin, and with a sharp edge in his voice, he snapped, "Alright, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" On cue, Spider-Man shot a web from above, snagging Steve's shield and binding his hands.

"Nice job, kid," Tony said, nodding in approval.

"Thanks!" Spider-Man replied, landing awkwardly. "Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect, thank you."

Tony waved him off. "Yeah, we don't need to start a conversation."

"Okay," the kid muttered, a bit deflated. "Cap, big fan, I'm Spider-Man."

Tony cut him off again, "Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Good job."

The tension broke for a brief second before Steve's tone grew serious again. "You've been busy," he said, eyeing Tony with disappointment.

"And you've been a complete idiot," Tony replied. "Dragging Clint into this, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave. I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart," A note of pleading in his voice.

"You did that when you signed," Steve retorted.

Tony's eyes hardened. "We're done here. You're going to turn Barnes over, and you're going to come with us. Now. It's either us, or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite."

Steve sighed and raised his hands. "Alright, Lang."

Before anyone could react, a guy appeared out of nowhere, handing Steve his shield. "I believe this is yours, Captain America."

Tony groaned. "Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you want to take Cap?"

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes." Rhodey replied.

T'Challa growled, "Barnes is mine."

Amari stepped forward. "I'll take Wilson."

Without another word, the fight began, each member of both sides launching into battle. Amari darted into the terminal, she could hear the clash of her brother, T'Challa, engaging Captain Rogers, their fight growing more intense with every second. But Amari had her own target—Barnes and Wilson. Moving with precision, she quickly entered the terminal building, her steps swift and silent. She made a beeline for the stairs, her focus unyielding as she ascended to the first level.

Upon opening the door, she spotted them—James Barnes and Sam Wilson—already running, unaware of her presence. Just outside the glass front of the terminal, she caught a glimpse of Spider-Man. Without hesitation, Amari broke into a sprint, determined to close the gap between her and her targets.

As she neared, Barnes' eyes widened in surprise as he noticed Spider-Man for the first time. "What the hell is that?" he muttered, completely taken off guard.

Wilson, barely breaking stride, threw a look over his shoulder and sighed. "Everyone's got a gimmick now."

With a swift motion, Spider-Man swung through the glass wall, shattering it as he launched a kick straight into Sam, sending him stumbling back. Barnes threw a punch, but Peter quickly caught his fist with ease, his voice brimming with excitement. "You have a metal arm? That is awesome, dude!"

Sam recovered quickly and hit Peter mid flight, momentarily taking him in the air with him. "You have the right to remain silent!" Spider-Man called out as he swung mid-air, getting away from Wilson.

Amari saw her chance and made her move. She charged toward Barnes, her spear sweeping at him. James blocked her attack with his metal arm, her spear and his arm clashing as the fight intensified.

"I didn't kill your father," Barnes said, his voice strained as he caught her spear in his metal hand. "I don't do that kind of thing anymore."

"But you're running like someone who does," Amari countered, twisting her spear free. The super soldier swung a punch, but Amari blocked it with her spear. 

"You'd run too if you were being hunted for something you didn't do," he growled, his metal arm swinging with brutal force. „We're trying to get the one who's actually responsible for it."

The fight grew more intense as they neared the glass front. In a final, desperate move, Barnes kicked Amari hard in the stomach, sending her flying through the glass wall. She crashed into a truck outside, pain radiating through her back.

Moments later, Spider-Man was also flung through the glass, crashing to the ground beside the truck. Amari groaned, pushing herself to her feet and of the truck. She ran over to the kid, who was slowly sitting up. 

"Hey, kid, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright," Spider-Man muttered, shaking off the impact.

Amari looked up and saw the chaos around them—everyone was locked in battle. She extended her hand to the young hero. "Come on, we've got work to do."

Spider-Man grabbed her hand, a grin spreading across his face. "Yes, ma'am!"