Anle, Keeper of Flames

In the glade where time stands still,
Anle twirls, a flame with indomitable will,
With eyes aglow like twin crimson stars,
She dances through tales, both near and far.

Her hair flows like a river of blood and fire,
A symphony of rubies that ignites desire,
Fox ears perked, she heeds the ancient call,
Of gods long forgotten, who once ruled all.

Pale as the moon, untouched by sin,
No devil's mark upon her skin.
Her laughter echoes through time and space,
Not cursed, but blessed by the wild's embrace.

Mysterious as moonlight, fierce as a firestorm,
Anle's spirit breaks through the norm.
Blood and bone, the earth's own breath,
In wilds untouched, she conquers death.

For in her heart, the legend burns bright,
A beacon of truth in the cloak of night.
Let myths shatter, let the darkness clear,
In Anle's presence, the old gods reappear.

~ ~ ~

A passage from my unpublished story:

"Her eyes glowed red, like twin suns on the verge of burning out. Red eyes. Not the eyes of a devil, no. They were the eyes of something divine, ancient, something that had lived before time began. Fox goddess eyes. Her black pointed ears, with their flame-red interiors, peeked through her long, voluminous blood-red hair, cascading like a river of rubies. A sleek black tail tipped with fiery red swayed gracefully behind her. Her lips were soft and pink, her skin pale as untouched snow. She was blood and bone, a creature of earth and sky, ethereal in her beauty, like a nymph that had walked out of the oldest myths. Anle, his Anle, belonged to the gods of the wild, the old gods."
— Traveler Boy's thoughts.

Anle is a young girl with glowing red eyes, black fox ears and tail, and long blood-red hair. She endured brutal suffering at the hands of vengeful religious men while imprisoned in a dogmatic temple until a boy who travels the world saved her. He cared for her deeply—loving her, cherishing her, bathing her, teaching her, and nurturing her in ways no one else had. This boy became Anle's only source of happiness and hope in an otherwise cruel world.

In contrast to traditional portrayals of female fox spirits as malevolent beings, Anle is framed by the boy as a being with a divine connection to ancient gods. The boy who cares for her serves as her protector, highlighting a relationship built on compassion rather than manipulation. In other words, I want to present Anle as a character deserving of respect and understanding.