Chapter 5: Confrontation

---

“Hyung!” Jungkook’s voice echoed through the house, filled with a mix of shock and betrayal.

Taehyung’s heart sank as he pulled away from Lisa, horror creeping into his expression.

“Jungkook, I—” Taehyung began, but Jungkook’s anger cut him off.

“How could you keep this from me?” Jungkook’s voice trembled with hurt. “You let me think that I had a chance with her!”

“Jungkook, it’s not what it looks like!” Taehyung pleaded, stepping forward.

Jungkook shook his head, backing away. “No, don’t. Just don’t. I can’t believe you would do this to me.”

With that, he turned and stormed out of the house, leaving Taehyung and Lisa in stunned silence.

The weight of the moment crashed down around them, and Lisa looked at Taehyung, her eyes wide with concern.

“What just happened?” she whispered.

“I messed up,” Taehyung replied, his voice thick with regret. “I didn’t want him to find out like this. I wanted to protect him.”

But Taehyung felt a knot of guilt tightening around his heart.

The days that followed were tense and filled with silence.

Jungkook stopped speaking to Taehyung altogether, avoiding him at school and in their friend group.

The friendship that once felt so solid now seemed fragile and broken.