Chapter 8: The Meeting

---

The atmosphere in the house felt tense as Taehyung and Lisa prepared for Jungkook’s arrival.

They set up snacks and drinks, but Taehyung couldn’t shake the feeling of dread that settled in his stomach.

When Jungkook finally arrived, he looked uneasy, his eyes scanning the room before landing on Taehyung.

The air felt thick with unspoken words, and the three of them settled into an awkward silence.

“Thanks for coming, Jungkook,” Taehyung said, his voice wavering. “I know this isn’t easy.”

“Yeah,” Jungkook replied curtly, sitting down on the edge of the couch, avoiding eye contact. “Let’s just get this over with.”

Taehyung and Lisa exchanged glances, silently encouraging him to speak. “I’m sorry for how everything happened,” Taehyung began, his heart racing. “I never wanted to hurt you. Lisa and I didn’t plan for this to happen.”

“I know,” Jungkook interrupted, his voice tinged with frustration. “But you should have told me. You left me hanging.”

“I thought keeping it a secret would protect you. I was wrong,” Taehyung admitted, feeling the weight of his actions pressing down on him. “I should have trusted you. You’re my best friend, and I didn’t want to betray that.”

Jungkook’s expression softened slightly, but the hurt was still evident in his eyes. “It just feels like you chose her over me,” he said quietly. “Like I didn’t matter.”

“Of course, you matter!” Taehyung insisted, leaning forward. “You’ll always matter. I love you like a brother, and I don’t want to lose you over this.”

Lisa chimed in, her voice gentle. “Jungkook, I never wanted to come between you two. I care about both of you. I love Taehyung, but I want you to be happy too.”

Jungkook looked between them, his expression conflicted. “It’s just hard to process,” he finally admitted. “I never thought this would happen.”

Silence enveloped them again, but this time it felt different—less tense, more hopeful. Taehyung reached out, placing a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. “Let’s work through this together. I don’t want to hide anymore. We’re all friends here, and that shouldn’t change.”

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, and for the first time, there was a flicker of understanding in his eyes. “Okay,” he said slowly. “I just need time.”

“That’s all we ask,” Lisa added softly. “Take your time, but know we’re here for you.”