Chapter Seven - A Fall In Two Senses

Here's another chapter, everyone has probably forgotten about this story seeing as its been ages since I updated, so here's a summary of the main points of previous events.

The Doctor dropped Katie off home after their travels to the land of the Sheftons, however when crossing the road the Doctor got hit by a car. Katie saved his life by somehow knowing that he had two hearts and sending gold sparks over him. He says he'll take her on one trip and one more only as a thank you for saving his life, but the subject of what happened hasn't come up yet. Also, by the looks of things, its gonna be more than just one trip.

I decided not to mention it when I got back to the TARDIS. I wanted to see if he would bring it up. But he didn't. He stood there with two glasses of wine and held one towards me.

"Thanks." He handed me the glass.

"Thank you." I said, glad to get a drink, an alcoholic one at that. "but what are you thanking me for?"

"Uhh... you saved my life. And I will be eternally greatful."

I smiled. "So that's what the wine is for?"

The night continued and we hadn't moved from the console room of the Tardis. We were halfway through the second bottle of wine which was from some another dimension and tasted like it too. So yeah, we were pretty out of it. The Tardis was playing music and we were attempting to dance to it. "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men came on and I got very excited as it was my favorite song. When the course came on a started spinning around as fast as I could. Obviously it was too fast because I tripped and fell over the banister onto the lower level of the Tardis.

I sat up hazily, and felt a sharp pain run through my head down my back; I leaned toward the side and fell holding my head in agony. I heard footsteps coming down the metal stairs towards me. The Doctor sat me up. He was in a panic. Both our breathing were irregular. He stood up and paced back and forth with one arm folded and the other on his chin. He stopped, looked at me. He looked so conflicted. I suddenly felt an even sharper pain through my spine and my back arched as I almost screamed out. This was the deciding factor for the Doctor. He crouched down beside me, held my head in his hands and kissed me.

Of course my first though was "wtf, this is definitely not the right time." Then he ran his hands down my back and I felt this tingle run through my whole body. All the pain left. When the tingling had reached the bottom of my back it faded and the Doctor backed up.

He stood just looking blankly at me and I at him. I stood up, walked over to him until his body was just centimeters from mine. I looked up at him and took a slight hold on his hands that were by his side.

"What was that, Doctor? How did I bring you back? You fixed me?" I spoke softly.

"I don't know." He replied, not looking me in the eye.

I placed my hand on his face and his eyes sort of locked onto mine. I went onto my toes and kissed him ever so softly. I started to pull away but he put his hand on my back and pulled me back in. He locked me in the eye and then almost desperately locked his lips onto mine.