Chapter Two - Who is he?

He pointed his screwdriver at the figureand it  burst into a million little black particles. I blinked my eyes again and again trying to make sense of what had just happened. It was so overwhelming. My hearing went weird and then I blacked out.

When I woke up I realized I was in a bed. It was quite a big bed with velvet curtains around it and on the headboard were circle engravings. I sat up and there was some milk and cookies on the side table. I picked up a cookie and nibbled at it.

I began to panic. I was in a strange bedroom in a strange house. The bedroom door opened. The man from earlier walked in. I stood up ready to run if I had to.

"Hello." The man said.

"Why am I here? Why did you take me back to you house?" I said, attempting to sound calm.

"This isn't a house my dear" he said. "This, is my TARDIS."

"Your what?"

"Come on I'll show you." He but his hand, and again, i felt that urge to go with him.  I gently placed my hand in his and he led me forward ever so gentlemanly.

I stepped out of the room into the hall. It was a strange hall. It was grungy but kind of spacey. I didn't think that I was in a house anymore. The tall man, whose hair was just perfectly messy, led me right and we came to a doorway that led into a huge room. I was amazed by it. There was an uplifting atmosphere and the room seemed to be buzzing as it were filled with people. Howeve it was just the pretty man and I.

In the middle of the room was a ... well, I thought if this was a spaceship, then that must be the console.

"This is the TARDIS. Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

"Is it some kind of model spaceship for a movie?" I asked.

"Oh no," he said with his hands in his pockets and swaying from his heels to his toes a bit. "It's a real time machine."

I burst out laughing. "You're kidding me right?"

He looked hurt. I soon realized he wasn't lying. Was it real in his head? Was he supposed to be somewhere he isnt?

I stopped laughing as I made my way around the 'console'. I looked up at the huge cylinder that reached up to the room.

"It's beautiful." I said.

"She is." He walked up to the console and started switching some buttons. "I never got your name."

"Abigail Smith" I replied. "And yours?"

"The Doctor."

"You can't just be 'the doctor'. You've got to have another name."

He looked me in the eyes. "Nope, just The Doctor."

"OK Doctor," I put emphasis on Doctor, "If this is a time machine, prove it." I was expecting some sort of truth to come out of his mouth when insaid this- that he was lying and a bit nutty.

He looked at me and grinned so much I was starting to get worried. Soon enough he was running around the console switching and turning and flipping buttons and I was holding on for my life.