Chapter Six - Timelord Instinct

"Here we are. You're home. Just five minutes after you left the house."

I walked to the door and stopped. I looked back at him but he wasn't even watching me leave. I left and slammed the Tardis doors in anger. She made this growling sound in return.

I stormed in my front door but just before I closed it I heard him call. I smirked and went back outside. I put on a hurt face to make him feel guilty.

He stood in front of the Tardis, hands in his pockets, hair perfect. I walked towards him and he walked across the road to meet me. He didn't see the car. Neither did I.

It hit him and he rolled over the top of the car before falling to the ground. Thud. Silent. The car drove off and left him lying there. I was dumbfounded. I ran to him and fell down beside him.

"Doctor. Doctor!" I rolled him onto his back. The was blood coming from the back of his head.

I started to sob.

 "No. Doctor please.."

'CPR!' I thought.

I held the doctor's nose and breathed into his mouth. Then I pumped the left side of his chest. Gave him air again and pumped his left side of chest again. But then I moved on to his right side and started to pump that.  But everything around me blurred out. I breathed into him again and pumped his chest twice on each side and gave him breath again.

While I was breathing into his mouth something happened. I'm not sure what but gold flares began to flow from my mouth to his. They traveled through his face and through every strand of his hair and just as they faded he woke up gasping for air.

He sat up against the Tardis taking deep breaths in. 

The doctor stood up unsteadily and walked into the Tardis. I was about to go in too but he closed the doors in my face. I don't know what I did wrong. How could he be mad at me for saving his life. I fell back against the Tardis door, slid down and put my face in my hands. What now?

About two hours later I still haven't moved but neither did the Tardis. He's bound to come out sometime right? Eventually the doors opened but the doctor was inside.

 I walked in. He was standing at the control panel. One hand in his pockets and the other flicking at some switches.

"Doctor I –"

"Thank you." He said.

I didn't say anything. I walked up to him and gave him a hug and lay my head on his chest. It took him a minute to hug back but he did.

"I don't want to stay here, Doctor. I mean here, at home. I want to travel with you." I said

"It's too dangerous."

"I can handle it. I swear I can"

"Yeah, by fainting every five minutes." He said with a laugh.

I broke away from the hug and looked up at him with a 'did you seriously just..' look.

"Okay." He said.

"Really? Oh my god thank you." I hugged him. I think my excitement was proved to him while I was cutting off his air supply.

"One trip" he said. "And that's it. Just one trip." He said- straining to get a breath.

"Yep" I nodded. Although, I knew it was never just going to be one trip.

I ran back into my house to pack. I packed for every weather. I said goodbye to my brother and ran out the door. But that's when I remembered the two hearts thing. And how did I even know to do that? And the gold stuff?