Chapter Twelve - Unexpected Beginnings

I peeped my head quietly around the corner. The man was running around the console like a madman wearing the Doctors clothes.

I must have made a noise because he stopped, turned and looked towards me. He took a few steps closer.

"Hello..." he said apprehensively. He opened and closed his fists and sort of rocked over and back. I stood out so he could see all of me.

"Who are you?." I asked as I kept my head high so I would look confident in what I was saying, but I wasn't.

"Well I'm the Doctor." He said "And if I'm correct, you are Abigail Smith, or Abi as I call you."

I was taken aback but I knew deep down that it was the Doctor and the book was right.

"I'm sorry I did this to you." He said when he saw the expression on my face. "I'll take you home."

I nodded but I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay with the Doctor forever but not this one, I wanted my tall madman with perfect hair. I went back to my room to pack whatever things I had with me. I took one last look around and went over to the bookshelf to take out the photo album I took out when I first set eyes on it.

I opened to the photo of the family, a grandmother, a mother, a father and a little girl. and I realised that the man was the Doctor. In one of his earlier incarnations. I broke down and fell to my knees crying because the fact that my Doctor was gone finally set in.

Eventually I wiped my tears, placed the photo album back and grabbed my bag. I seen the dream catcher my Doctor gave me hanging above the bed. I debated taking it with me but I figured it would hurt to be reminded of him every day.

When I got to the console room the Doctor had already landed the Tardis.

"Em, I don't know if you remember but we did this memory thing and-"

"The girl with ginger hair. Don't worry, I'll sort it out. I know that what you seen is yet to come but it'll be fine"

"Okay" I said awkwardly. I walked to the doors and turned back and took one last look around the Tardis and then looked at the Doctor and gave an awkward smile and wave. He just smiled as I turned and left.

I stopped as I reached my front gate and without turning around to look, I knew the Tardis was gone from its sound and that gust of fresh magical air.

I sighed sadly and opened the gate to go back to my ordinary life alone.

But then I heard it. The Tardis sound again. He came back. It was only then that I realised that I never wanted to go, even if my Doctor was gone, and oh how I missed him already, I still wanted to go on so many adventures with this madman in a box. I ran up to the doors as soon as the Tardis completely landed and pushed them open.