Chapter Ten - Take a Bow.....Tie

The Doctor explained everything. The time war, what he had to do, what happened to the other time lords. The conversation was over long ago and I was in bed as he sat beside me.

"Doctor, I was thinking. Who was that other girl in the images, the one giving birth? She looked familiar."

"I'm not sure. I would try to help save her but I don't know where to start." The Doctor seemed.... Beaten. As if he lost a battle or was disappointed.

"And how am I here now, I mean, if she's still there, how did I get out?"

"I don't know how you got out, but I do know that the time pattern in your memories is messed up. They shouldn't even be in your head, they haven't happened yet. It must be that you have time lord blood."

"That makes no sense. If my blood is changed in the future, how is it what it is now?"

"Its a timey wimey thing."

Before I was able to ask him anything else he kissed me on my forehead and I watched as his tall figure with amazing hair walked out the door in silence. This wasn't the doctor I knew.

Then it dawned on me. It hasn't happened yet. I wasn't kidnapped, I will be. And there's nothing I could do about it.

The following morning, I went to the wardrobe that was in my room. It was packed out with outfits of completely different colors shapes and sizes. Eventually I found a leather jacket, a pink skirt and a decent pair of shoes. I saw a bow tie lying on the ground so I picked it up and put it on.

The doctor laughed when he seen it.
"Hey hey hey hey..." I budded in before he could say anything. I reached up and straightened it. "Bow ties are cool"

The doctor chuckled and continued working at the console of the Tardis.  I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around him and lay my head on his back. "Doctor are you okay? You weren't yourself last night"

"Yeah I'm fine, now. Just talking about gallifrey... You know" he turned around and held my hands.

I didn't know whether or not to believe him. But I left it at that for now.

"Seeing as you are part Timelord now and you used your Timelord instinct to save my life, how about you use it to drive the Tardis?"

"Oh Doctor, I don't know. You said yourself she doesn't like me I -"

"Oh she's just huffing.  Come on" he grinned with his hands in his pockets and swayed forward and back a little. Damn he's cute.

I was sort of getting the hang of flying the Tardis in the end up. I got us from where we were to Ireland 2004. Well we crash landed but still, I got us there.

"Oh the luck of the Irish!...... That we didn't fall to our deaths" the doctor pronounced in a so called "Irish tone".

I rolled my eyes and walked to the door. The doors opened on their own as if the Tardis couldn't wait for me to get out.
We were on a cliff and wow was it beautiful. The sea was a deep blue/grey and it was splashing up against the cliff edge. The wind blew through my ponytail so I let it down and it was like every strand of hair was passed by the air.
The doctor still wasn't out of the Tardis so I looked back. He was standing holding onto the railings with one hand and looking at the other. It was glowing gold. Then it faded. The look on the doctors face was worry. I didn't think it was something I was supposed to see so I turned around and looked back at the water.

After a moment he came out and stood beside me. I turned my head toward him, closed my eyes an took a deep breath. "I'm going to have to go through that memory again, arn't I, for real this time."

He put is arm around my shoulder and rested his chin on my head. "Yeah" he said. "And I don't know how to stop it."