Chapter 2

4:03pm:

Of course. Mom got a business phone call while we were in Topshop so we had to leave early. Things just never change do they. I walked through the front door and was about to walk upstairs. Then Mom stopped me.

"Kelly, just hold on a second". Mom held the phone to her shoulder to cover the speaker. "Maddie, what's the matter?" She questioned.

"The matter is that you're always taking a work call like every minute and I thought that today was supposed be just you and me, but I guess not". "Sorry, what was that?" Mom put her phone back to her ear and walked towards the kitchen. "Maddie, I'll speak to you after".

"YEAH, SURE YOU WILL". I yelled. Is she actually serious?

I walked towards my bedroom while searching through my phone, paying no attention to what was around me until my iPhone suddenly got knocked out of my hands as I bumped into someone...Jaden.

"I am so sorry" He apologised then picked up my iPhone that had a case of a brown TeddyBear.

"It's ok" I answered. "Cute case" Jaden chuckled handing me my phone. Ugh his smile is to die for.

"Thanks" I answered, smiling at the ground and putting strands of my hair behind my ear.

"So how did going out with your Mom go?" Jaden questioned. Aw, he cares ahaha.

"It went well to begin with. We went to In-n-Out, Starbucks, Brandy Melville and then when we hit Topshop, she got a business call. Payed no attention to me after that, we had to leave early and she's STILL on the phone" I complained. "Well, when I take you out tomorrow, I promise I won't take a long business call and ignore you" WAIT WUT?!

"You're taking me out tomorrow?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "Only if you want to of course because I..."

"I'd love to" I quickly said then kissed his cheek. We literally just stood there looking into each others' eyes until someone interrupted our moment UGH.

"Yo, guys we're going down to the Lab now. Maddie, you coming?" Moises asked. "Yeah, i've just gotta go grab my shades quickly, i'll meet you guys downstairs". Jaden followed behind me as I walked to my room.

"Um Jaden. You, come with me. Not to a bedroom with my sister" Moises pointed out.

"Oh yeah..um...sorry" Jaden shyly said as he scratched the back of his head and walked downstairs.

In the car to Skatelab:

Moises drove his black Range Rover down the streets of Calabasas with Mateo in the passenger seat and me and Jaden in the back. Mateo plugged his phone into the radio and his playlist shuffled to Drake 'Started From The Bottom' and we all sang along then stopped at the stop light.

Mateo reeled down this window since we stopped next to a car with 2 pretty Cali girls wearing sunglasses. One had long dirty blonde hair and the other had short dark hair.

"Hey girls, what's up? I know you're staring at all of this, 'cause I be staring at A LOT from you ;)" Mateo joked around.

"Boy, leave the poor girls alone" I yelled. "Guys these days". The girl with the dirty blonde hair said as she edged down her sunglasses then reeled up her window.

"Aw, poor Teo got turned down by 2 girls" Jaden mocked as Moises drove off again. "Nah bro, they just didn't see all of me to love" Mateo backed himself up. "Bro, I think they saw enough" Moises said and we all burst out laughing.

4:46pm

Everytime I looked Jaden's way, he turned his head and I straight up knew that he had been staring at me. I turned to look at him again and he was too slow to turn around, that we caught each other's eyes and he smiled at me.