Chapter 8

12:45pm. Maddie's POV -

"Okay...yep. It's fine...ok, bye". I tapped the end call button and continued searching through the Internet. I was calling agencies and studios who worked with my dad and they all said the same thing, 'we haven't heard from him in 5 years'.

"Maddie" I heard Mateo speak from behind the door.

"Come in" I called out, still lying on my bed with the laptop.

"What you up to?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"Looking up things about my dad. And i'm gonna ask mom about him when she gets home from work" I smiled.

"Mads, about your dad. He-"

"Hey guys, what you doing?" Moises came in and interrupted.

"Maddie's finding information about her dad. Ya know. Trent. Our stepdad" Mateo weirdly reminded him.

"He's not my stepdad" Moises mumbled, but clear enough for me to hear.

"What are you talking about Moi, yes he was" I chuckled, shutting my laptop and putting it to the side.

"Yeah. What ARE you talking about Moi? I mean, he married Mom, so that technically does make him our stepdad. They had Maddie, our baby sister. So he became her birth DAD. Then what happened after that?" Mateo questioned and I was left confused to why he was exaggerating things.

"Teo, i've gotta show you something" Moises announced.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Uh. It's a PRIVATE thing. If you know what I mean" Moises hinted out and my face turned into disgust.

"Ew. Ok, go" I said, shooing them away.

Mateo's POV -

We walked out of Maddie's room, and moved a little further down the hallway.

"What do you think your playing at?" Moises angrily whispered.  

"What? You think that my mind's suddenly changed from last night. I still say that we should tell Maddie" I demanded, folding my arms and standing with my legs a little apart.  

"For fuck sake Teo. You don't understand, if Maddie finds out. He'll come back"   

"But how will he know that she's found out?" I questioned.  

"That's not the problem. The problem is that we don't wanna see our little sister get hurt when she finds out what he did"  

"Boys? Madison?" I heard Mom call out from downstairs.  

"Yeah, we're up here" I responded.

"Moi, i'm just saying that it's better if she finds out sooner than later" I finished off, and walked in my room.   

4:46pm. Maddie's POV -  

I went downstairs to find Mom and ask her about Dad, and the first place I looked was obviously in her office. And that's where she was.   

"Mom?"   

"Hey Maddie" She smiled, and continued looking at the computer screen.  

I came up behind her, hugged her around her neck and looked at the computer trying to figure out what she was up to.  

"What are you doing?" I finally asked.  

"Rachel, my assistant is off sick. So I have to organize my meetings around because Lucy Hale cancelled on me, so I have to move her to Thursday. But, that Thursday slot is already taken by Chloe Moretz. And there's no more open spaces left" She explained.  

"Oh okay" I replied, taking my arms off her, and just standing up straight. "Mom, can I ask you something?"  

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" She looked at me and smiled, then sipped her water.  

"Uh, are you in contact with Dad?" I blurted out.  

"Excuse me?" She almost did a spit take and looked back at me in confusion.  

"My...dad. Do you have his number or address or anything like that?" I asked again, fiddling with my fingers. "I just really want to talk to him or see him".  

"Maddie, I don't have time for this. I'm busy" She snapped back and looked at the screen.  

"But I was just talking to you perfectly fine bef-"  

"Maddie! I said that i'm busy!" Mom yelled again.  

"Fine. Forget you then" I mumbled, walking towards the door.  

"What did you say young lady?"   

"I said forget you! And every other frickin' person in this family!" I screamed at her, and slammed the door.   

I walked into the living room to see my brothers sitting there, watching TV - I wanted to be alone - so I walked past them and to the garden, and sat by the pool. No one in this fucking house understands what the meaning of listening is unless I have to do it to them. I don't understand what's so hard about saying either yes or no, than yelling at me.   

My phone rang in my back pocket and I got a little happy because talking to a friend would get my mind off things, but it was an unknown number.  

"Um, hello?" I spoke.  

"Maddie?" A guy with a deep and familiar voice asked. I had a tiny clue to who it might be, but I didn't want to jump to huge conclusions.  

"Who's is this?" I managed to say.  

"It's Trent. Your dad".   My mouth automatically went dry and I couldn't speak anymore. I couldn't reply or anything. I just sat there, with the phone to my ear, and my mouth a little open. This was just too good to be true.     

Hey readers! Short chapter but I haven't updated for like 1363628373 months ahaha. But i'm back to writing and so Maddie's dad has called her back. How do you think the boys will react? Why do you think Maddie's mom was so hidden about talking about Trent? Find out either in the next chapter or the one after :-) THANKS FOR READING, VOTING AND COMMENTING.