Chapter 10

THE CHAPTER THAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR LOL HERE IT IS..

NEXT DAY. Maddie's POV

I barely slept that night. I sort of just stared at the ceiling or the wall thinking about how stupid I was to get into another relationship right after I just got out of one. Especially at this age, I mean, i'm only 14 and I act like having a boyfriend is where my life is at. When honestly, it's about making the most of your childhood before you're, I guess looked down at for not being in a relationship. I'm not technically saying that I regret dating Jaden because he literally made me so fucking happy and because my family are so difficult to open up to and talk to, he was the only person that I had (other than my best friends).

Taking me out of my deep thoughts - as I sat up on my bed with dry eyes, no make up, sweatpants, my headphones blasting with loud Odd Future music and my favourite teddy from when I was younger - I saw my bedroom door open and my Mom came in with a warm smile. I noticed her lips moving yet no sound was coming out except from the lyrics of She by Tyler The Creator and Frank Ocean.

"Madison". She I think recalled when she came closer and took the headphones off my head. "Ramsey's started making breakfast"

"Wow, i'm suprised you're actually telling me something or at least the truth for once" With attitude, I said back and put my headphones back on my head...which didn't last for long when Mom took them back off.

"You're heartbroken so i'm going to let that one go" She half smiled yet pouted and sat on my bed while stroking my hair. "It's hard isn't it, thinking that you're finally as happy as you've ever wished until out the blue it's like they decide that they don't love you anymore".

"How do you know all of that?" With innocence, I questioned.

"I just do sweetie. Sitting up here and blocking the world out just makes it worse, getting back on your feet and socializing takes it all away". Mom ended with a kiss on my head and left the room.

5:47PM -

"Maddie, we're leaving" Moises opened my bedroom door and said then walked straight past without entering.

"I don't think I said that you guys could come in" I took off my headphones off my neck and angrily said.

"You can't stay mad at us forever" Mateo came and shrugged against my door frame.

"Technically I can because y'all are the reason that Jaden broke up with me so," 

"Technically we're not" Moises replied from the other room.

"Do you want us to stay home with you?" Being the nicest brother, Mateo offered.

"No Teo, i'm not sick. Just go" 

I sat up on my bed and put on my chestnut Ugg slippers then ran my fingers through my hair as I yawned from tire.

"Teo, let's go" Moises came outside my door, fixing his snapback. "We'll see you when we get back Mads"

"K...wait, what time will that be?" I quickly asked while finding some sweats in my wardrobe, keeping in mind that my Dad was coming at 6.

"I dunno, around 7 at the latest" Moises checked his watch.

"Okay, bye"  I said still looking in my wardrobe.

6:12pm -

I was wearing my grey sweatpants, chestnut uggs and an oversized UCLA jumper with my hair down as I waited for the doorbell to finally ring...and it did. Without hesitation, I made my way to the door and opened it seeing that my dad hasn't changed one bit.