Chapter 9

4:57pm -

"Dad" I finally said.

"Hey Madsie" He chuckled while I got a quick flashback to when he used to call me that.

"I-I can't believe i'm speaking to you" I smiled and stood up with sudden tears in my eyes. "I've literally been trying to find contact with you all...day"

My voice began slowing down because more and more tears were coming out of my eyes.

"Madsie, don't cry. You've found me now. You sound all grown up" I could picture him smiling at that moment.

"It's just that it's been almost 6 years since i've seen or spoken to you" I said. "Where have you been?"

"I just had to give your mother and you some space. And plus, you've moved house and I never got a current address" He explained.

"Oh. I thought Mom would of at least gave it to you. But please could you come and visit tomorrrow? The address is 2814 Long Valley Road, Hidden Hills CA 90210" I eagerly replied.

"Madison, you've gotta check with your mother first" He stated.

"Why? You're my dad" I wondered.

"But it's your Mom's house" He smartly responded.

"Uh. Yeah, ok. I will".

For the next 20 minutes, I told him the address again, and what time he could come and visit. At 6. And I began telling him everything that's happened lately, and briefly what happened through the past years. I couldn't stop smiling at how crazy it is that I'm actually talking to my dad. And I couldn't believe that i'm seeing him tomorrow. I wasn't going to tell Mom or Mateo and Moises about it because they'd just ruin things like they always do.

"You remember Bobbie right?"

"Bobbie and her brother Roshon?" He reassured.

"Yeah, i'm still friends with her. And i'm really close with this other girl Harmony Carter and another girl named Kylie Jenner" I explained.

"Don't think I haven't been seeing you on the celebrity part in the newspapers. At that place Urth Cafe with Kylie Jenner" He laughed and I laughed with him. "And Jaden Smith?"

"Oh yeah. Um, Jaden and I are dating" I awkwardly notified considering he's my dad.

"NO!" Dad sarcastically said. "There were pictures of you and him kissing beside a car"

"Yeah, even when you think the paparazzi aren't there. They're just hiding in the bushes" I chuckled.

"Is this young man treating you right?"

"Yes, perfectly" I answered.

"You're not alone with him a lot are you?" Dad typically said.

"No Dad, we're never alone because Moises and Mateo are always making sure we're not. But you know, they've looked after me a lot"

"Oh. Moises and Mateo, how are they?" He weirdly quietened down.

"They're fine. So is Mom" I continued.

"Maddie, do you wanna come to Taco Bell with Moi, Leo and I, and we'll probably go watch a movie after?" Mateo slid open the back door and said to me.

"Uh, yeah sure" I replied, holding the phone to my chest to cover the speaker.

"Who are you talking to any ways?"

"Just Harmony" I quickly answered.

"Ooo my bae, can I speak to her?" Mateo moved his eyebrows, smiled and walked closer to me.